What's new

Keiga 1000W Plateamp (1 Viewer)

Ivar Nordheim

Auditioning
Hi there. My first post on this forum. :b

I just ordered four DPL-12 from Adire. They will go into a 280L (10 cubic feet) sealed enclosure. Drivers will be wired in series and connected in paralell, giving a 4 ohm load. Sub is going to be used for both music and HT.

Now I am looking for a decent plateamp. Wanted to know what users of the Keiga KGND-52100 subwoofer amplifier think of it. Any reliablity problems or anything I should be worried about?

The Hypex HS-500 is also an option. Any other plateamps I should consider? I live in Europe so it must be switchable to 230V.

I would like to keep things simple so an external pro-amp is not an option.

Thanks! :)

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Ivar,

How about an Adire Audio ADA1200? 1200W of power, $600, most complete EQ featureset out there...

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Nat Ward

Agent
Ivar,
In reference to your original question, I've been running the Kiega for about a year now with no problems. It's been powering my Tumult in a PR'd enclosure and has more than enough power to rumble the walls of my apartment down even with the gain set at moderate levels. I haven't looked at the Adire amps since I'm happy with my current setup, but if you go with the Kiega I'm sure you'll be happy with it, it seems like a nice solid amp.
Nat Ward

DanWiggins

Second Unit
It is now... Blew through them pretty quick. We're evaluating doing a quick run before Christmas or waiting for the scheduled run in mid January.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Ivar Nordheim

Auditioning
Thanks, Nat.

Looking at the specs again for the Keiga i noticed that the low pass crossover was only 12dB/octave. This doesn't matter for HT but I am concerned that with 12db/octave I might notice the placement of the sub for music. I would probably use a crossover freq at 50-60Hz. Anyone with experience with 12db crossovers for subs? The sub will be placed behind me to the right and not behind the main speakers.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Higher order is better! Especially for placement not up-front by the main speakers.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks