KEF Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Kenny Li, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Kenny Li

Kenny Li Agent

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has any comments on KEF speakers? I'm looking at the Q7 for my mains.

Thanks,
    Kenny

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Good speakers made by a reputable company that uses fairly sophisticated testing methodology. Worth an audition.

3. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Great speakers, however new Q line are now made in China (were made in the UK, then Belgium) And the build quality shows. Similar to the Wharfdales with plastic top plate. Drivers are screwed into the MDF (and only with three screws) and not into a T-nut.

Personally I would avoid the Q line and move up to the lowest Reference range. They have increased in price despite build costs being lower.

I have owned the Coda, Q and now own the previous gen Reference range for the front three.

You could pick up a pair of second RDM series- they're great. Say RDM Two's, reference driver as in the Kef Model 100/200 :)

4. Jay_A

Jay_A Extra

Value for money for me they are great specially for home theater. I have q3 for front and q9c for center. they sound fine. They are warm not high as other speakers I have tested, or maybe becoz of the amp [​IMG] but worth cheking them out[​IMG]

5. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

Great speakers.. at least their older models were. Ive had little experience with the newer models mentined above.... Definately spend the buks and go to the reference line though if you can afford it. [​IMG]

6. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Actually, the XQ line would be great as well. Little less expensive than the Reference series, but you'll get a lot more sound than the Q series. The XQ1's (bookshelves) start at about $1500/pr. and go from there. They're beautiful looking speakers as well.