Kef Q1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by fabrizio, May 1, 2002.

1. fabrizio

fabrizio Agent

Hi,

was wondering if anyone knew much about the KEF Q1's. I listened to them briefly today, and liked them. They also look cool.

Now, I currently have Boston CR85s...and they sounded similar. I'm going to go listen to them again.

Anybody? How do they compare?

2. Philip____S

Philip____S Stunt Coordinator

I've been thinking about four Q1s and a Q9c for my setup. I like the sound and have seen a few foreign reviews but not too much press here in the States. The reviews I read were favorable.

3. george king

george king Supporting Actor

The Q1's are great little speakers. Well worth the money, and IMH (biased) O may be the new speaker to beat in this price range.

4. Steve Padua

Steve Padua Auditioning

I have been demoing the new kef speakers for the past two weeks and I think that the Q1's are a very good boodshelf.

suprising bass from this little speaker and matches well with the Q5 and Q7S. The midrange is nicely warm. The highs aren't as good/detailed as say the b$W 303's. The 303's probably sound alittle better overall, but I can get them ( the Q's) for 200 each. and will be great with Kefs...Q7's and the new center up front, and four of these as surrounds.

I'm thinking of the B$W's in the kitchen.

Steve

5. Philip____S

Wouldn't the Q1s be matched to the 600S3 as opposed to the 303? Just wondering.

6. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I heard the Q1's briefly about a month ago. Great sounding speaker; the imaging was amazing. Gorgeous to look at as well. I just finished listening to the new Energy C-3 bookshelf ($500.00/pair) and I ended up not as excited as I hoped. Somehow I think the Q1's are better overall. But then, this is purely from memory, so don't read too much into that comment. Too bad the Q1's are out of my price range ($450.00/pair at my local dealer).

7. Philip____S

8. fabrizio

fabrizio Agent

I listened to them in a side by side with my current Boston CR85s....and found that the CR85s seemed to handle the vocals better...were as the music/instruments were clearer on the Q1s...

I really like that look of the Q1s...would look better in my family...I know, sounds stupid...but, they do...

How does anyone compare the Q1s to Boston's...the CR85s in particular...

9. fabrizio

fabrizio Agent

Hi There,

Besides the fact that I like that look of the Q1's...would I be taking a step back or foward going to the KEF Q1 from my current Boston CR85s..

I could trade in my Boston's pretty close to an even swap...

10. fabrizio

fabrizio Agent

Anybody?

Has anyone compared KEF's to Boston's? Should I stay away from KEF's? Am I better off with my Boston's?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks