What's new

Kef Q Series system? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
What do you guys think of a kef q series system. I like the way they sound and I think they would make a nice surround sound system. I think I would be very happy. But I may go with a better XQ5 2 Channel setup now.

Denon avr-982 90X6

Kef Q3 Fronts

Kef Q9c Center

Kef Q1 Rears

Kef PSW 2000 Sub

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Jesse,

The KEF XQ and Q series definitely have different attributes and sounds. The Q series tends to be more boomy and loud in general. I really like the XQ series. Produce a real nice sound, and the highs are very detailed with the hyper tweeter they use on them. I think getting the XQ's for now, and then piece-mealing the rest of the system is a sound strategy.

Cagri

Second Unit
You can't go wrong with Kef. I haven't heard XQ s, they may sound better than the Qs but calling Qs 'boomy' is not fair IMO. I am a proud owner of a pair of Q35.2s, I have listened to the Qs as well and they sound wonderful. Defined tight bass, very open clear sound overall. You may consider Q5 instead of Q3 if you have a large listening room, but that set up is 'perfect' for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks