What's new

KEF Q-compactS (1 Viewer)

John_stone

Auditioning
Anyone heard these just yet? im planning to do a setup 5.1 with these as my 4 speakers and Q6c for the centre with the the KEF2150 sub. How will this setup compare to the 2005.2?
i like the eggs... but if i'd pay abit more, i might get this if it indeed sounds better.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
compare them. i would expect the Qcompact setup to sound better. i recently purchased Q5/Q1/Q9c, btw.

if you can move up to the Q1s and a Q9c across the front (or 3 Q1s), you'll be in business.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
yeah, they're pretty chunky.

i'd recommend the Qcompacts, although the eggs are probably ready to be wall-mounted out-of-the-box.

how big is the uniQ driver on the eggs, anyway?

John_stone

Auditioning
4" only. and frequency response goes down to only 80hz compared to e Qcompacts' 50hz and Q1's 45hz

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
if you've an idea about how you're going to mount the Qcompacts, it's a no-brainer then, probably

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
We have them at work. But honestly I havnt acctually listned to them. I will have to give them a listen. But it wont be till monday at the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks