1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Keep the Yamaha or?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeSullivan, Nov 10, 2001.

1. MikeSullivan

MikeSullivan Auditioning

I have a Yamaha RXV800 that I have been tring to sell so I can get a Elite VSX-29tx for 700.00. I am wondering is this just a lateral move and not worth the hassle or is the Pioneer a better receiver and worth the upgrade.
    Mike

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

If you like the Yamaha, I suggest first checking out and listening to the RX-V1200. If anything, it might be more of what you want. Its not a jump up in power though.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

what do you hope to gain by switching or is the bug for something different just getting irresistable?

4. Marcelo T

Marcelo T Stunt Coordinator

I have a elite 24tx, altohough its excellent, this line is obsolete. Even the 3x elite line is obsolete, so until pioneer release their new line, I would stick with the yamaha.

5. MikeSullivan

MikeSullivan Auditioning

The only reason I was thinking about switching was to match the 29tx with my dvf-07 300 dvd/cd changer which is an elite. I like the yamaha, but it just didnt match well. Seems kind of dumb but...
    Mike

6. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

if you mean by match that you want to keep a certain look about your system then i can't see criticizing it. after all, we all have aesthetic needs.
    hopefully you can get a good price on your yamaha to make it worthwhile