What's new

Keen Eddie. You guys still watchin? (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Parents Television Council has taken up arms against this show.
Would it be too much to ask that if they are going to complain or protest about something they get their facts right?

1. Eddie did not hire the prostitute
2. They were not Eddie's thugs. They were inept criminals Eddie was trying to catch.
3. The criminals did not want the prostitute to have intercourse with the horse. They wanted to extract the semen to sell because it was a valuable race horse. They did not want to do it themselves so they hired the prostitute and gave her a bucket. A far cry from having intercourse.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Would it be too much to ask that if they are going to complain or protest about something they get their facts right?
But then the show wouldn't sound as bad. :) Groups like this frequently just make stuff up. Does anyone remember that guy that complained to Fox about Family Guy and wanted it taken off of the air? (IIRC, his last name was Griffin, the same as the family in FG.) In his letter he claimed to be the leader of some organization, then it turned out that the organization he claimed to represent really didn't even exist.

On the worst of the week page, the title of the page is "That 70's Show".

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I really like this show! It's quirky and fun and I love the banter between Eddie and Fiona.

I sure as heck am NOT going to watch "The O.C.", whose ads look horrible.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Also, the dialog made it clear that the Forty year-old Filthy Slut that will do anything never touched the horse to perform any sexual act when the anti-TV censors say specifically that a sexual encounter with the horse was implied by the dialog.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I guess it's better to petition the government to censure a network and its afiliates ("YOUR IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED TO DRIVE THIS GROSSLY INDECENT GARBAGE OFF TV AND OUT OF OUR HOMES...") and threaten sponsors with boycott than to simply let parents decide whether to allow their children to watch the show or not. :rolleyes

That way, even adults who want to watch the show are denied the opportunity. Idiots!

Rob

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Today's episode was a bit heavier than the previous ones with nastier criminals and an actual death, but it still was great entertainment.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Watched it for the first time last night & thought it was fairly amusing.

The scene with the bratty kid was hilarious.

"Wanker!"

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I sure as heck am NOT going to watch "The O.C.", whose ads look horrible.
So if I told you that Doug Liman (director of Swingers, Go, and The Bourne Identity) was directing a TV show for Fox, would that convince you to watch at least one episode? McG (Charlie's Angels)is involved as a writer and producer as well, but that's a less compelling a reason for me to watch.

As far as Keen Eddie goes, I've been watching and enjoying it, but now that it's likely well out of production, can I get some kind of confirmation that Sienna Miller will continue to appear on my television on a regular basis? Please!

Brad

Brad

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Ironically, 24 has a lot more offensive material.
I guess these people think its okay to have their kids see people getting killed. But if they hear the word "insemination", they'll be scarred for life!

Most children wouldn't even understand what these people on the show were talking about anyway. But even those children probably understand how to operate the "power" and "channel" buttons on the TV and the TV's remote control.

Note to Parents Television Council: JUST TURN OFF THE TV! (Ask your children how if you can't figure it out!)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
As far as Keen Eddie goes, I've been watching and enjoying it, but now that it's likely well out of production, can I get some kind of confirmation that Sienna Miller will continue to appear on my television on a regular basis? Please!
Amen. I'm excited for next week's episode. I've been in an, um...similar situation. At least I didn't get punched in the face for it.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I wish the PTC would just learn how to use the remote control that comes with every tv and cable box. if they see a show they don't want their kids to watch just pick up that remote thingy and push some of those buttons. if you keep pressing you will eventually hit the 1 that makes the channel change. stop trying to dictate what I can and cannot watch on my tv. besides, shouldn't these little kids be in bed by now?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Loved tonight's ep. They seem to be going place with loveable, incompetent criminals. Too bad the show isn't going to last much longer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That whole undercurrent with Eddie and Fiona is kinda entertaining on many different levels. The whole overcurrent of Eddie and Moneypenny makes for fun daydreams for Eddie.

...the loo!

Now the police cases have been played for laughs, maybe a little over the top, but given the tone of the show, I guess it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks