What's new

Keen Eddie. You guys still watchin? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I love this show. It is hilarious. This Tuesdays was a bit more serious but still a funny episode either way.

capt

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've watched all 3 episodes. I enjoy Eddie and Fiona's oneupsmanship more than the actual police cases Eddie works on so far.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm digging it. Always fun to see Josie Lawrence, and Sienna Miller is a lot of fun: Beautiful, but with a goofy side.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm enjoying it as well. I'm also pleased that they've avoided the obvious cliches. All the characters are fairly three-dimensional.

And the humor can get raunchy even for Fox, like last week's episode.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im really looking forward to tuesday. From the tv guide preview looks like its gonna be a funny episode

capt

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I came into this show expecting obnoxious English/American stereotypes, but they've resisted the urge as well as makign a police show a wacky romp while staying fairly believable. I love it.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I came into this show expecting obnoxious English/American stereotypes
But last week they did go for obnoxious Scottish/American stereotypes. :)

I'm still watching. It looked like this week's show was out of order given the increase in matchbooks pinned to Eddie's map of London. Maybe that's why the captain suddenly described him as excellent.

Rob

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Fox is only going to show like eight of the thirteen episodes they've got in the can. It will be replaced after July 29 by "The O.C.", giving the fall show an early start.

I like the show though, for the same reasons Jason and Patrick do.

//Ken

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, the show getting its behind handed to it by Last Comic Standing probably is more telling. It could also mean that Fox is planning to use those five episodes in the fall, when they have an hour that is a complete disaster (which will happen; it's Fox - they generally have a show that doesn't even make it onto the air). This would be especially true if Paramount couldn't get new episodes made in time.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Fox's schedulign makes no sense. They're using American Juniors as a lead-in to Keen Eddie and Paradise Hotel, both of which have very little viewership in common with it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, what would you use as a lead-in to Keen Eddie? Fastlane reruns? Aside from being, well, re-runs, that may be a little too similar to Eddie. Besides, it's not like this is an unproven strategy - 24 had its ratings jump when it got American Idol as a lead-in. It's not really a bad idea to try and boost an oddball show with something that is expected to be a mainstream success.

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
Well, according to The Futon Critic (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6026), new episodes of Keen Eddie will air on:

June 24
July 1
July 8
[Pre-empted on July 15 for 2003 MLB All-Star Game]
July 22
and July 29

The listing for July 29 follows with "last episode before hiatus" for the series premiere for The O.C.

So, it does look like we'll only have these 8 shows until Fox decides to air some more...Pity, cause I really like the show!!

Here's to more Keen Eddie!

-- Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks