What's new

KDS-60A2000 SD Image Quality (1 Viewer)

joe_pre

Agent
Well I bought the above Sony about a month ago, and I do like it, however I've been dissapointed in the standard def image quality. I have it currently set to the settings that CNET suggests. I have a Dish NW DVR 625 running to it via S-video and I think some channels look ok, and some tend to get a little blurry in motion shots. Certain channels are definitely better than others. I also have a DVD player (non-progressive scan) hooked up via component which tends to be much clearer with motion. I plan on sometime buying a upconvert DVD player to really find out what it can do. Am I asking too much from the TV with standard def? It would make sense, and I would understand. I wanted to just make sure that this is what is probably causing my dissapointment. Is this what I should be experiencing? Thanks for the suggestions/comments! FYI... I do (down the road) plan on getting a HD receiver...

Joe

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have the 55" version of this Sony TV and I have also been disappointed in the SD quality. Luckily, I get HD channels through our local cable system, Insight. Watching HD is the only way I truly enjoy my HD TV.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
With these modern HDTV's you have to subscribe to HD programming to really enjoy these sets.

I use Verizon FIOS HDTv.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

In 1939, the founding fathers of the NTSC TV system said that the TV system would one day be capable of displaying big screen images ...

Images as large as ... 19 inches.

You have a system never designed to go bigger than 19" and here you complain that it looks bad at 60".

I bet if we shrink the image down to 19" that it will look good.

Regards

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
You are exactly right about that. When I go to the guide on my cable box, the TV image is in the right hand corner, and that small image is great on my 55" Sony SXRD. If you want a nice image on SD channels, you will just have to watch on a CRT TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks