KDL-46XBR2 Blacks seem cloudy

jumboricky2006

Auditioning
Real Name
David Distinti
I'm not sure how to best describe this issue but I will try my best.

When my new 46XBR2 displays black in any form, inactive video input, letterbox, etc, the blacks are not solid but cloudy. Almost like you are looking at a nebulae. One corner of the display even looks as though light is leaking through. Very distracting.

I own a V32XBR1 LCD display as well and the "blacks" appear clean when compared to the larger display.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Dave

Rick89114

Grip
Real Name
Richard
Ive read at the AVS fourm about the same issue (with photos) on almost all brands of LCD, with varing intensity between 2,3,4 identical models. I have a 46XBR2 and can see the cloudy, or light leaking, with the inactive input or when changing the input select, but while watching programming (cable HD/SD, DVD, media player ect.) I cannot see the leakage, the letterbox bars, black, dark areas all appear clean. I do notice that the blacks are not as good (almost gray) with some SD content on some cable stations, though I blame that on poor broadcast/cable company. Overall we are very satisfied with our 46XBR2.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
turn down the brightness control. Conversely, or in sync, also turn down the backlight control.

regards

Gregg

Rick89114

Grip
Real Name
Richard

Exactly as I did the day I set it up. The default brightness/backlight setting was way to bright for my viewing.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els