What's new

Kazaa to use your "unused computing power and storage space"?! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Now that I know the correct thread here... :)
Does anyone else miss the old Morphues? That was a great program for getting anime. And now I can't get the remaining He-Man episodes that I havn't seen in a decade. The new version is crap. I tried the Gnuetella Network once, to find a rare anime, and I couldn't even connect to the thing. Now Morphues is in the same boat....

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
This really sucks...so where does one get Kazaa Lite? I removed all the bde s*%$, that is a low blow to attach crap like that to software. :angry: :angry:

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Kazaa Lite is easy to find, I did a search on google and downloaded it last night. I think it would be more accurate to call this version Kazaa lighter since there seems to be less spyware but it still comes with a file that Adaware would like to delete but without it the program won't work.

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip on the google search. I had searched on metacrawler and not found anything, but on google it came up. I also downloaded adaware and cleaned up my hard drive...there was stuff on there I had never heard of...:angry:
But now I am free, and kazaa lite seems to be working well.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Carl, if your Kazaa Lite has no banner ads then the one file you're referring to is probably cd_clint.dll and it has been neutered. It's a Cydoor adware file and Kazaa requires it to be there. The neutered version is non-functional, all it does is report "success" back to Kazaa when Kazaa requests anything from it. Ad-Aware doesn't realize that it's neutered.

I see that Kazaa 1.6 is now available. Every time they issue an update I worry that they might have done something to make circumventing their spyware impossible.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
My son likes to use Audiogalaxy. I recently installed XP on a new hard drive so he doesn't have AG right now but asked that I install it again. Is this program as bad as Kazaa as fars as spyware and the "bde" stuff? Is there a Audiogalaxy Lite available?

Also, is anyone running Ad-aware on XP? If so, how is it working?

Thanks for your help. I finally have a "clean" drive and would like to keep it that way if possible!

Jeremy-P

Stunt Coordinator
Once again I implore everyone to try grokster immediately, it's a morpheus/kazaa clone but without spyware and more users.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I just tried Grokster Jeremy, it seems to only have up to 192 kbit quality and quite a limited selection compared to winMX, not to mention the popups.

winMX is still the best for mp3s it would appear.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
My problem with WinMX is I can never get an open connection from anyone long enough to download a song. I have to sit there and babysit it while it's downloading to make sure the file completes its transit. Morpheus/Kazaa rarely had this problem. After I initiated file transfer, I'd usually get the file with no problems as long as the other guy stayed online.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I use audiogalaxy for mp3s - I used to use WinMX but for problems Cameron already noted I stopped. AG works perfectly.

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
I am a Kazaa user (I still buy the cd's if I like them), and I wanted to know if deleting those files will still remove the spyware software from your computer. Thanks.

John

CameronS

Supporting Actor
John,

After searching Google, I found Kazaa Lite from a foreign website and recently installed it. All the benefits of Kazaa and no Spyware!

Google it and you should be able to find a download of the newest version.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
it looks like kazaa lite is the way to go. but, do i still have to go through all the bde stuff that jasen mentioned?
wasn't sure...
also, chu gai else recommended a utility that should also assist kazaa lite called Diet Kaza:
Removes all BANNERs, POP UP ads, and Spyware!
Built in Advanced Download Accelerator!
Makes searchs faster, and more results!
Removes the extra buttons (Bonzi, Shopping, etc)
Adds QUICK search shortcuts to the systray!
Changes the KaZaA Start homepage
Also works with Grokster and Morpheus v1.90+!
Translated into 19 different languages so far!
looks like it may help some.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Another vote for KazaaLite. I've been using it for about 6 months since a guy on FREEWIRE told me about it. Only complaint is that there are two users who have full copies of LET IT BE but will never stay on long enough for you to download the entire movie. Other than that it's great.

-Gary

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
so far i'm diggin' kazaalite...
one (i think) trippy thing. i installed kazaalite and it worked okay, but download speeds were terrible. i only tried one or two downloads, but it didn't get higher then about 10kbs.
then i installed diet kazaa.
now, i'm averaging about 30-40kbs! i even got pretty close to 60 a couple of times. :eek: i think one song took me less than a minute...
not sure if it's related to diet or not, but i'm a pretty happy camper right now.
also ran adaware after installation and it was satisfied...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks