What's new

Kazaa Starts When I Start My Computer?!!? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
I know that there have been a lot of posts about Kazaa and everything. But I have not found any situation like this when doing a search in this forum.

Whenever I start my computer, Kazaa automatically comes on! I do not want it to run when I turn my computer on, I want to load it manually. In Kazaa's preferences, I turned off the options to do such things, but it continues to still come on. I am running WinXP Home and I can't seem to get rid of it at the Start up. Can anybody help me find the solution to this problem?

Thanks

Jedd

Second Unit
You need to check Startup folder in you programs and probably windows/run keys in the registry. It might reside somwhere there. (and I guess it does)

GaryAR

Agent
get rid of kazaa immediately.

if you still have the urge to download spuriously, get kazaa lite. it's the same thing, minus the spyware. you should be able to find it with a search at google.com.

-gary

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Here's another big vote for Kazaa Lite.

As far as your current problem goes, in Kazaa Lite you go to Tools -> Options and disable "Launch Automatically." I don't know if there is a similar option in Kazaa.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I say dump it altogether and get WinMX. A MUCH better search engine and I always get tons of responses. Plus, doesn't the Kazaa network limit you to 128kbps MP3s?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I use WinMX and Kazaa Lite both and most of the time have better luck with Kazaa Lite. For one, no you're not limited to 128 kbps. For another, I've had much better luck actually connecting to people for download.
That said, there's a reason I have both programs. Both are good, both are small, and what I can't find on one I can find on the other.
I'd recommend trying them both.
Sam, go to www.winmx.com.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Kazaalite still has spyware. When you start it up it automatically contacts 5 or 6 sites, one of which puts Gaytor on your puter. Here's how to get rid of this..
First close Kazaalite. Then find a file called "HOST" and open it up with Notepad.
In Windows 95/98/Me it's in c:windows
In Windows NT/2000/XP it's in c:windowssystem32driversetc
Once you open it up add these lines at the end:
127.0.0.1 www.brilliantdigital.com
127.0.0.1 desktop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 shop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 Link Removed
127.0.0.1 www.b3d.com
This stops KL from contacting the sites it usually does, even its homepage. And when running Adware delete everything but CYDOOR files. Cydoor is the dummy file KL uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.