Katie Couric interviews Scorcese & DiCaprio tonight...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kim, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

It's on NBC's Dateline. Also on the show, a spot on My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

The Scorcese & DiCaprio segment appears to be toward the end of show, which started now (9 p.m. CST).

From what I've seen, the trio walk around NY in heavy snow. Interview from last year? Has it snowed heavily in NY this year?

2. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Well, the segment came and went. And while the backdrop of the piece was the imminent release of Gangs of New York, discussion of the film was cursory. I guess I hoped too much from Ms. Couric.

Interesting to note...Scorcese 'confessed' that he was on the air to sell this picture. And the bulk of the interview focused on Scorcese's life and work.

But there was enough within the ~10 minutes that Couric felt the need to have to confront DiCaprio about his rumoured club-hopping in NY while shooting.

Dateline...hard-hitting, revelatory journalism?

Anyway, it was nice to see Scorcese and DiCaprio in the NY setting, conducting the obligatory pre-release promo.

Also, make sure that you double-check your receipts this Christmas/holiday shopping season...looks like the ubiquitous errant checkout scanner is rearing its ugly head at a Target near you.