:) Kathrine Heigl was on the new 'TWILIGHT ZONE' last night!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    It was great seeing my girl again since Roswell. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She played a time traveler who goes back in time to kill Hitler as an infant but the mission has some unexpected twists. It was an interesting story. And for those interested, Ione Skye was in the second story, she looked great, I hadn't seen her since Say Anything.

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Yeah the first story was good. The 2nd one was so so

3. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

I thought both stories raised some interesting philosophical questions and were pretty good. The first story raises some interesting "Nature vs Nurture" questions:

They seem to drop many hints that it is the father's environment that makes AH into the person we are historically familiar with. However, the introduction of the alternate baby from a different parent and early environment at the end leaves the door open to the "bad seed" option.

The second story also has an interesting take on its particular battle:

Kind of an inverse "Jacob's Ladder" where the girl actually loses the fight to live and ends up in limbo.

Overall, I thought both stories this week were pretty interesting.

Kenneth

4. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Kenneth wrote:

5. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Rex,
    Uh huh.
    I just watched it because Kathrine Heigl's a major hottie. [​IMG]
    I'll watch Dirt: The Movie as long as she's in it. [​IMG]

6. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

I think they left enough loose ends in the first episode to make it more than just a straight derivitive of previous time travel episodes. As I stated in my spoiler I think there are still a few questions unanswered:
    Was AH the person he was because he was the second baby, or would ANY baby raised in that household have become an AH equivalent? Without the substitution I was actually thinking about another son being born who ends up being worse than the original AH. They chose to pursue the substitution which left the Nature vs Nurture debate in full force.
    I would agree that the second story has also been pursued many times in many different ways. Heck, you even got glimpses of "The Hunt" from the original TZ in that segment. However, I still found it an interesting twist.
    Besides I can also forgive a few story holes since I enjoyed both actresses performances. [​IMG]
    Kenneth

7. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Alright, as long as you guys insist on talking about (sigh) "the show" [​IMG], i'll bite.
    I thought that she should have gone back in time and killed Hitler's father as a young man instead of Hitler himself. That would have pretty much guarenteed that he would never be born right?
    Then after she kills him, she celebrates her success by stripping down to nothing and run naked through the streets. Whoops! Where did that come from!? [​IMG]

8. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

9. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Then of course their's the whole paradox issue. If she had succeeded in stopping Hitler from either growing up, or ever being born, why now is she in the past in the first place? All the memories and knowledge she has of Hitler and what he did would then be erased along with ours right?