What's new

Karl Malden passed away at 97 years old! (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
RIP
40.gif

He was a big financial contributor to the BYU Media Arts Department, so I have the highest respect and gratitude for him and his work.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Malden was a terrific actor who had a remarkable career that spanned Broadway, television and films. He could hold his own with the best (both his Academy Award nominations and his only win came in films starring Marlon Brando), and had major roles in a string of truly iconic films including On the Waterfront, Gypsy, Baby Doll and Patton. (Which I happened to have watched just last week) That was another strong Malden performance opposite a megawatt lead - George C. Scott in his Oscar-winning role. But Malden could stand toe-to-toe with Scott and not vanish from the film frame - something that can't be said for every actor in the film.

Regards,

Joe

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Actor Harve Presnell has also died totday at 75 (He was in "Fargo" "Paint Your Wagon" "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" among others

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
RIP. 97, now that's a life. He's seen a lot of things (born in 1912). Godspeed.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
And he was happily married for 70 years. It's so sad that his type of talented guy is in such short supply in Hollywood these days.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
I vividly remember running into him (or at least passing by him) literally one evening on a downtown street in San Francisco. This was in 1973 or so when I was stationed there. Obviously he was there working on his hit series "Streets of San Francisco" with co-star Michael Douglas. I remember seeing the crews filming many, many times. He had a nose only a Durante could love. Fond memories in the barracks rec room once a week as we all recognized familiar sites around The City. Yeah, he was one of the good guys.

luckytiff02

Auditioning
Real Name
Tiffany Johnson
I'll miss Karl Malden. He was a good man as well as a good artist. So many good movies that will live forever. He was a real class act. Too few of them left these days. Today's star's have very little to offer in the "class" category(compare to MJ - child molester). I think year 2009 is bad year for celebrities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks