What's new

Karen Sisco 11/05/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Where is the love for this show?

I liked the starcrossed lovers subplot, and also the Marlins pitcher subplot (the "taking one for the team" angle by her father was amusing enough).

The wacky characters that float in and out of Karen's life due to her job makes for fun viewing most of the time. Not everyone who's in jail is a bad person, and when they break out, it's not always for malicious intent. Other forces in the universe can drive people to do funny things, and the fine line between love and insanity is crossed, with wild abandon at times.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
This one did have some super-bad criminals like I thought the show wasn't going to, but I loved it anyway. I can't get enough of the show and I hope ABC has the balls to let it run out a season instead of cancellign it before it gets a chance to take off as seems to happen so often these days.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
This one felt like an Elmore Leonard story to me. They seem to be zeroing in on the tone for the show now. I am enjoying it more than any other new series this year.

Regards,

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
Where is the love for this show?
RIGHT HERE!! :D

This show is really good, and by far (IMHO) the best new show this season. The writing is great, acting is great. Definitely embracing the Elmore Leonard style & feel more and more each week.

Wednesday nights are great now b/c of this show. How's this show doing in the ratings up agains L&O? I'll be curious to see what ABC does with the show when the Bachelor finishes it's run.

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Another great episode. Loved the references to the Braves (Sheffield) and loved the characters involved in the gift basket scheme. (Who WAS the actor who was shot in the car?) In 60 minutes I grew to care about the characters and was saddened in the end.

Was it just me, or did they skip the theme music/intro last night? Loved the Nickel Creek tune though.

People everywhere should be talking about what a great character Karen Sisco is. Anyone who complains about no good roles for women should watch this show. Karen is strong, tough, smart, witty, compassionate, tender, and sexy as all get out. And while she’s got her flaws, this just makes her far more realistic than just about any character, male or female, on TV right now.

My one complaint is that there is almost zero continuity with the show. Karen’s various boyfriends just seem to come and go. Same thing with her partners. The ongoing father/daughter relationship is great though, and the boat issue is pretty funny.

The best show of the new season!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I agree, this is my favorite show of the year and I hope the hell CBS does not give it the axe.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Right. My local ABC & CBS affiliate stations switched about a year ago and I still keep getting them mixed up.

Was Durwood's friend the older brother on "Blossom"? Not Joey Lawrence, but I think he was the older brother and he worked on an ambulance or something. I've been racking my brain since I recognized him from somewhere, and I think that is him. Can anyone confirm this?

Lenny

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Best episode yet. Very balanced between the black humor and the pathos. Please don't cancel, ABC! I need my weekly dose of Karen Sisco.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I'm a big Elmore Leonard fan, so I checked out the show. I think it's great, I wish Jennifer Lopez wasn't in "Out of Sight" as Carla Gugino does a great job. Robert Forester was wonderful as Max Cherry but now own's Marshall Sisco (no offense to Dennis Farina who own's Elmore Leonard's Ray 'Bones' Barboni character from "Get Shorty")

Anyone know if the ratings are good on this? I hope ABC keeps it for a long while...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's disappointing to hear about the ratings. I do hope this show sticks around. I didn't get to watch the previous episode with the counterfeiter until today and was very impressed with the storytelling around Sisco's mother and her tough time during high school. The subtlety made it all the more poignant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks