Karen Sisco - 10/8/03 - Dumb Bunnies

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Man is Karen smokin! I'm likin the performances by Carla and Louie. But I have to say that a lot of this seems very stilted and hackneyed. It needs to find it's stride before it really thoroughly entertain.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

So the alumni from "24" show up as the dumbest pair of brothers on this side of the Mississippi in a long while.

While, the episode was fun and light, I get the idea that Karen seems either too confident, or too blase about tracking down criminals, maybe I just feel she doesn't give them the respect they deserve.

3. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Nice episode this evening that captured a 'quirky' feel without feeling too forced, IMHO. Liked the title and I'm assuming that its echoing Dillon's character in Platoon was not entirely coincidental. Not sure where I stand on the issue of Karen's approach being too confident, but these fellows weren't exactly rocket scientists.

- Walter.

4. Bob Maged

Bob Maged Stunt Coordinator

I thought it was another strong episode. Having read a lot of Elmore Leonard's novels, I feel that the screenwriters are capturing his mood very well. The way the dimwitted brothers managed to accidentally kill the two hitmen gunning for them was classic Leonard.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I did bust out laughing when the brothers backed into the 2nd hit man inadvertently with the SUV.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I also agree that this had more of an Elmore Leonard feel than the previous episode that was actually based on an Elmore Leonard story. There is no more reliably entertaining shtick than having a dumb guy who thinks he is smart and a slightly less dumb guy who usually defers to the other partnered up and dropped into a version of the Pardoner's Tale (Greedy fools chasing their own doom). This is Elmore Leonard's bread and butter as a storyteller.

Regards,

7. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I didnt care for the second eisode as much.
    The dumb criminal brothers has been done to death.

8. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle