Karen Sisco 10/15/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is mainly a reminder that tonight's episode is the well-received "pilot" that got the buzz on this show going from the start of the fall season.

2. ColeKR

ColeKR Stunt Coordinator

So this is the episode that was supposed to air first or what? And if so why are they just now showing it? I guess I should stop asking so many questions and just enjoy.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

For some reason, TPTB decided the episode with Patrick Dempsey as the bank robber would go over better as the introductory episode. Perhaps its similarity to "Out of Sight" was the deciding factor. We'll see...

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Hey, I noticed Kelly (The Amazing Race 4) was the flight attendant on the plane at the start of the episode.

I enjoyed this episode, and damn if Carla Gugino isn't easy on the eyes, and tough as nails when she has to be.

The mood/tone of the episode was good, and you had to love the cat-n-mouse games Sisco was playing with the FBI (always getting there before them).

Is Jake Busey going to be back (in a secretarial capacity, of course)?

5. Michael St. Clair

Kelly surprised me, but not as much as seeing real-life couple Xander Berkeley and Sarah Clarke (Mason and Nina from '24')!

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I read that the reason the episode didn't air first was that the chronology of the series wasn't in order and they didn't want to confuse viewers. Even though this was the first episode produced, it takes place after the first two that aired. You can tell because of the situation with Marshall's boat - he already has it in this episode but he actually gets the boat at the end of the Patrick Dempsey episode.

7. Bob Maged

Bob Maged Stunt Coordinator

I was glad to see that Xander Berkeley got over that nasty case of radiation poisoning [​IMG].

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

And Nina Myers is now in Federal Witness Protection!

9. Doug H

Doug H Agent

I didn't realize this was supposed to be the pilot, but already having the boat would have been out of place as mentioned. I didn't see them in order anyway I caught the Patrick Dempsey episode after "Dumb Bunnies" on USA, but realized it must have been first because of the boat. What happened to Mr. Busey? Was the pilot filmed way before the series got picked up, as I didn't see him in the other two episodes.

I enjoyed this one especially because they made fun of us and our 1 Starbucks (soon to be 3).

10. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

This is my favorite new show, which probably means it will be canceled after 3 more episodes. How's this doing in the ratings?

I love all the guest stars. It took my wife and I a lot of internet searching before we figured out that Chelsea was the girl from "Parenthood."

One of my favorite scenes was between Will and Karen, and Karen says, "See, I'm just a girl." And what a girl. ABC has the best 2 female characters on TV now, IMHO: Karen Sisco and Sydney Bristow, just girls . . . that can kick your A$$.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yeah, Chelsea was Martha Plimpton (I also remembered her with Keanu Reeves in Parenthood), but she sure looks different (older and shorter, darker hair).

I thought Peter Horton stunk as Ray. Just bad casting.

12. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I'm really trying to like this series, but I just can't get into it yet. I'm not saying it's bad, or anything like that. I'm not sure what's wrong. It's just not hitting with me. I'm going to keep watching, and hope it grows on me, cause I like the concept.

And yes, ABC does have the hottest two female leads right now!

13. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Yes, in fact the episode that ran for us as "the pilot" was adapted from the same short story that the film "Out of Sight" (with Lopez and Clooney) was based on.

That's probably why it was chosen to come first.

Carla Gugino sure is sweet on the eyes, isn't she? I think she's (overall) cuter than the gal that plays the lead on Alias. Of course, the producers have Sydney looking like a trashy whore with way too much makeup on most of the time. They must get some kicks off that somehow. I also feel that Alias is too much like "dress up Barbi" and it sometimes gets in the way of a solid spy thriller, which the show could have been.

Dan

14. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor