Karaoke recommendations??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jody_W, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Jody_W

Jody_W Auditioning

I'm looking for a DVD or CD based karaoke machine.

Is there a cd player that also shows the lyrics on the screen?? This won't be used too often, that's why I'd like to keep the price at, or under, $200.00. The player will not replace my current player, unless it's superior to my Toshibe SD-2300.

Apparently these aren't very popular anymore, since I'm having quite the time finding one. There's a couple on Amazon I've been eyeing, but they're out of them. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Jody,

I noticed Walmart carries several GE-branded DVD players with karaoke capability. And they are all below $200.00. Panasonic and Pioneer each have a model that are more "karaoke-capable" than the GE ones, meaning they allow key changes, echo controls, and perhaps some DSP functions. But those are about $350.00. Check J&R as well.

I don't know of any current model CD-based karaoke players, other than those "karaoke machines" sold at Radio Shack or Target. However, I remember when Sansui (remember them?) used to make a CD player with karaoke capability. In fact, I am the proud owner of a Sony CD-K1, which is a straight CD player with key-changing capabilities, vocal elimination, and 2 mic inputs.

Since I am on the Sony CD-K1, just want to mention while all my components are mass-market products, none of the models I've own have ever appeared in the old Stereo Review's "Systems" column. But this Sony CD-K1 has been seen in several "Syetems" columns. Maybe it will be a collector's item someday, with the "1" designation.

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I got an Apex 700a (I think), a 3 disc changer with karaoke funstions, i.e, 2 mic inputs, mic volume and echo control. It plays DVDs, CDs, SVCD and VCDs which I have for karaoke. It will not however play CD Graphics, the kind where only lyrics are seen onscreen.

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Go to places like karaoke.com or pssl.com and check out their CD-G machines (OCG of syncronized lyric). A while ago I got a portable unit (for