Karaoke Hardware Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TerryC, Nov 27, 2002.

1. TerryC

TerryC Stunt Coordinator

Hi all knowing forum members!

Looking for some suggestions on a decent Karaoke setup. Likely something that has separate speakers. Although if there are some good sounding all in one systems I'm open. Budget is about $400 all the way up to $1000.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!

Thanks Terry

2. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Are you looking for one with separate speakers because you want something that's mobile, i.e., something that's not going to be "permanently" located in only one place, like in your HT room? Or are you looking for a Karaoke player (e.g., LD Karaoke player like the Pioneer ones)?

3. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I'm not sure how well it does, but the Mintek 2110 seems like a good option as far as Karaoke goes. It IS a DVD player first and foremost, but it matches up well pricewise against other karaoke-only systems.
    Something to consider. [​IMG]

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

The karaoke system I've set up hasn't changed much in the last 10 years. Here are the components....

-Pioneer CLD-V880 LD/VCD/CD karaoke player (Dolby Digital capable)
    -Sony TA-AX520 100 watts/channel integrated amp from 1987
    -Pioneer DV-414 DVD/CD/VCD player
    -Sony SS-U770 speakers from 1987

The system originally started with a Pioneer CLD-V720 LD/CD karaoke player, but that player is now replaced by the V880 because of its VCD capability. Otherwise, the amp and the speakers have been in use since 1987, and still sounds very good. Using an analog Radio Shack sound level meter, the system has reached 105db's or above. Not exactly state of the art, but good enough to get my sister signed to Decca Records.

5. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

6. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Actually, both the V720 and the V880 have an "aux" input which allows the karaoke audio from a DVD player to pass through, then mix the vocals from the mic plugged into the either the V720 or V880 internally. Not the best solution, but kept me from coming up with the cash for the V888 or an external karaoke mixer.

7. John Dolby

John Dolby Auditioning

I too am looking for a good karaoke system. I want to output to a mixer with the mic and audio going thru my PA system. Does the V888 have audio outs and/or mic outs?

John