Kandahar DVD by Seville - Criterion Quality !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Tooze, May 13, 2002.

1. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Hey all,
    Thursday I received a screener of Kandahar from Seville Films. I was pretty blown away by the picture quality and extras. This is from their SIGNATURE SERIES and I believe it is the first one.
    I have written my review with many screen caputres at:
    http://www.kandahar.dvdbeaver.com
    I enjoyed the film and gave it 4/5 but the DVD os a true shining star, with commentaries, documentaries and may be the best image quality I have ever seen.
    Its great to see a new distributor come out with something of such high quality.
    It comes out Tuesday and I strongly recommend it.
    You can get it from http://www.videoflicks.com in Canada.

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

3. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

While I really enjoyed Mohsen Makhmalbaf's previous films, my reaction to this film was quite lukewarm...but apparently I'm in the minority opinion.
    I thought the film would have worked better as a straight-forward documentary.
    But, it's great to hear about the Criterion-quality of the disc and all the extras...all at a very affordable price.
    Most Seville discs sell for $19.00 Canadian...imagine buying a Criterion for that price [​IMG]
    Any word on upcoming Signature Series titles?

4. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Mark McLeod, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Mark McLeod, white courtesy phone. [​IMG]
    Jason

5. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

6. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Thanks for that info Mark... I enjoyed reading your review a week or so ago... I am quite keen on Seville Pictures now having seen this marvelous disc and it doesn't hurt that they are in Canada (like moi).
    Sorry, I started a new thread. I did search on Kandahar but I guess I did something wrong cause nothing came up...
    I'm sure as soon as Seville gets more exposure they will be a big hit with DVD/Film fans...
    Hey, I know this is old news, but did any of you hear about the doctor in the film being and assasin? Supposedly its true:
    CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY
    Cheers,