What's new

Kaleidescape - any users who can comment on them? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Anyone own a Kaleidescape system? I'm justing noodling on ideas for my media room, and wondered if this was worth considering. The website says they support 4k Blu-ray now, which is appealing. But I don't really understand how the system works and they don't talk about pricing. And the last time I'd heard anything, they were crazy-expensive.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd say that question has probably been answered. 5 years have passed, and nothing but crickets in this thread. :)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It sounds interesting, but there's no way I'm paying $5000 for a glorified hard drive.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is the best overview of the Kaleidascape system I’ve seen. I maintain some curiosity for the system, but it’s not the right solution for my interests. (And with the time I’ve put into my HTPC, I can imagine now paying for this system.)

JSKMDWK

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Klusnick
Like most gear you can pick them up used for less. I have invested in their ecosystem and have now stopped buying discs entirely. The files, in many cases, are better than what you can get on physical discs. The picture and sound are second to none. I notice much better immersive audio when compared to streaming or physical disc playback in my 9.2.4 system.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks guys. All I can add is “Stay Tuned” :)
Shocked Futurama GIF

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yokohawaii
Recent bookmarks