What's new

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I will admit I had my doubts about JLA ADVENTURES but it really is awesome. I'm not into comic books anymore but have loved a majority of DC's animated movies and toons. Was seriously disappointed in Marvel's DTV movies. Only ones I collected of those was ULTIMATE AVENGERS, HULK VS and PLANET HULK but once they started to align themselves with anime I've loved everything they've cranked out.

I'm almost sure they're must be a second JLA ADVENTURES movie in the works. There has to be; it left off on a cliffhanger.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
What's with this forum? I suddenly can't add photos or edit anything. All the reply options (i.e. bold, italics, underline, add links) are gone too.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth developed into either a feature film or an animated television series. Darby

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Date: TBA. But you can still pre-order it.

71d5OZurLaL._AA1000_.jpg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Finally saw THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX. I thought that was probably the best Justice League movie they've done and, yes, one of the most violent. Heroes and villain were dying right and left in that movie. Also, here's a new trailer. Just got this today. Will be reviewing it:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just watched FLASHPOINT too. I thought it was terrific and was pretty amazing at the violence and at least one "curse" word.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Yeah, someone said, "asshole." Just a matter time before Superman tells Batman to "Fuck off," in a momentary loss of control. Ha!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I have a digital copy of JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX I don't want. Anyone want it? PM me.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Back cover of BATMAN: ASSAULT ON ARKHAM reveals next DC movie -- JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS. Finally Aquaman gets his movie!

1000500952BACKPAKAGINGUV_18da7a4a.jpeg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Here's hoping the next movie is just using the JL moniker to get people to buy it OR with the JL as secondary characters. Every movie is Superman, Batman or JL at this point. Enough (at least for me)...

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It'll probably be like JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX, where it was mostly Flash's story but with the other leaguers as supporting characters. Yeah, it's unfortunate that money has the last laugh. Batman, Superman and Justice League movies sell so that's ALL they make. I'd love to see a SWAMP THING animated movie but that'll never happen. We should be lucky they even managed to crank out a solo Wonder Woman movie.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It appears YOUNG JUSTICE will be hitting blu-ray through Warner Archives. If you go to this link and scroll all the way down to the bottom you'll find this stated: "...Attendees who stick around to the end will be privy to a special WAC announcement that will excite fans both “Young” and old."

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Aside from JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS two new DC animated movies titles were announced at Comic-Con for 2015: BATMAN VERSUS ROBIN and JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS AND MONSTERS. The latter gives me goosebumps. Why you might ask? Here's a quite from the article, which you can read here: "...an original story written and directed by Bruce Timm."

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
View attachment 12326

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;]Don't know how I missed this. Date is wrong though. It doesn't premiere in August. September according to the recent Comic-Con announcement. Giving this season a chance basically because of this quote from the article: "...Presented in a multi-episode story format.."[/color]

Press Release from June.

"Marvel's most popular super hero, Spider-Man, swings into a new season in "Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors," premiering SUNDAY, AUGUST 31 (9:00 a.m. ET) on the Marvel Universe programming block on Disney XD. Accompanied by Nova, Iron Fist, Power Man and White Tiger, Spider-Man and the team take on dangerous S.H.I.E.L.D. missions and encounter some of their most thrilling adventures yet.

The new season begins with Spider-Man accepting an invitation to become an Avenger. Alongside Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Falcon, everyone’s favorite web-head gets one step closer to becoming the Ultimate Spider-Man!

Spidey makes some new friends in Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors

MARVEL'S ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: WEB WARRIORS

Presented in a multi-episode story format, "Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" not only pairs Spidey with the Avengers, but introduces new heroes and villains from the Marvel Universe such as Agent Venom, a new Iron Spider Amadeus Cho, Cloak & Dagger, and Ka-Zar. Additionally, for the first time in animation history, Miles Morales teams up with Spider-Man for a new adventure and he’s not the only Spidey that Peter Parker will encounter in this action-packed season.

"Fans of Marvel Universe will be thrilled with the new season of 'Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors,'" said Marc Buhaj, Senior Vice President, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD. "In this third installment of the popular series, a new multi-episode story arc structure is fused with Marvel's trademark epic storytelling, providing our audience with great adventure, relatability and humor in the most enjoyable Spider-Man season yet."

"We're telling the biggest stories in Marvel animation through our new season of 'Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors,'" said Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television. "First Spidey joins the Avengers and then travels to places never before seen in Marvel Animation. More importantly, we're excited about introducing a new group of Marvel characters to fans and families."

"Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man" has ranked among the network's top animated TV series since its 2012 launch in Total Viewers and target kid and boy 6-14 demographics. The series is produced by Marvel Television and carries a TV-Y7-FV parental guideline.

The action of "Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" continues with a robust consumer products program that focuses on Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Agent Venom and many other characters comprising of the New Warriors team who will make their debut in the series later this year.

The award-winning creative team consists of executive producers: Alan Fine ("Marvel's The Avengers," "Iron Man," "Thor"), Dan Buckley ("Marvel's Avengers Assemble," "Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H."), Joe Quesada ("Marvel's Avengers Assemble") and Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."); co-executive producers: Stan Lee ("Spider-Man"), Eric Radomski ("Spawn," "Marvel's Avengers Assemble"), Cort Lane ("The Super Hero Squad Show") and Stephen Wacker ("Marvel's Avengers Assemble"); creative consultant: Paul Dini ("Batman: The Animated Series," "Lost"); consulting producer: Brian Michael Bendis (visionary behind Marvel's ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN series); story editor: Eugene Son ("The Super Hero Squad Show"); supervising director: Alex Soto ("Teen Titans"); and supervising producers: Henry Gilroy ("Star Wars: The Clone Wars"), Harrison Wilcox ("Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.") and Dana Booton ("The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes").

"Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" stars Drake Bell ("Drake & Josh") as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Chi McBride ("Hawaii Five-0") as Nick Fury, Clark Gregg ("Marvel's The Avengers," "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") as Agent Coulson, JK Simmons ("Spider-Man") as J. Jonah Jameson, Steven Weber ("Wings") as Norman Osborn, Greg Cipes ("Teen Titans," "Ben 10") as Danny Rand/Iron Fist, Ogie Banks ("Fatherhood") as Luke Cage/Power Man, Caitlyn Taylor Love ("I'm In The Band") as Ava Ayala/White Tiger, Logan Miller ("I'm In The Band") as Sam Alexander/Nova, Tom Kenny ("SpongeBob SquarePants") as Doctor Octopus, Matt Lanter ("Star Wars: The Clone Wars") as Harry Osborn/Flash Thompson, Tara Strong ("The Fairly OddParents") as Mary-Jane Watson, Misty Lee ("Batman: Arkham City") as Aunt May, and recurring guest star Stan Lee ("Spider-Man") as Stan the Janitor."

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
YOUNG JUSTICE: SEASON blu-ray is already up for pre-order. Streets on 8/12. And they renewed AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and that abysmal HULK AND THE AGENTS OF SMASH. Ugh.

Attachments

• NWS_518_4_2625.jpg
    NWS_518_4_2625.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks