k , this is a whooper, I KNOW NOTHING OF PROJECTORS, help me

Discussion in 'Displays' started by kirtis_mcleskey, Jan 9, 2004.

1. kirtis_mcleskey

kirtis_mcleskey Stunt Coordinator

i think it would be kool to have one, Im looking for one around (this will be bought sometime in the future) around $1000 or maybe a coupld hundered more

do they make them for that

also , how do you feed the dvd player to it lol
    i know nothing about this , but i have seen soem pictures of peoples movies and its very intriguing

If i do get it , its goign to be in the basement and we have a wall with nothign on it , that is 8 feet tall , and 12 feet long

also , does it now , distort the picture when you blow up the image, i mean , doe it not show pixels ect..

2. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

Have you checked out the Toshiba 42" 42H83? Pretty good TV a couple hundred dollars over 1,000. Widescreen of course and it's an excellent beginning home theater TV. Will you be playing games on this TV or using it mostly for movies and cable watching? If for movies and such, then this TV is for you. I personally love Toshiba and for your price range, this seems reasonable. Oh and yes there are zoom modes on the TV to fill the screen on movies and some TV's do a good job of keeping the picture good. You might check this TV in person at Best Buy or some place. Hope this helps.

3. kirtis_mcleskey

no im talkign about porjectors not tvs, im talking about big images ,that you can put on a wall ect.

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Yes,
    Right now the popular ones are the Infocus X1, Sanyo Z1, Panasonic 300, and there are a couple of new ones that have not had many reviews yet in that price range.

DVD player can be fed thru component/s-video/composite/vga or adapters of some sort.

some projectors are short throw some long throw.

For some great info before you ask more questiions check out :

www.projectorcentral.com

5. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

I have a Z1 and I would definitely recommend it. I paid $1200 for mine and it should be cheaper now that the Z2 has come out. I'm feeding mine through component video. S-video and composite should not be considered as they are inferior to component or VGA.

"also , does it now , distort the picture when you blow up the image, i mean , doe it not show pixels ect.."

Many people have problems with FPN or fixed pattern noise, also known as "screendoor" (because some people think it is like watching the movie through a screendoor.) This is where, when you are too close to the image, the individual pixels can be visible. Most projectors in your price range may have this problem. It can be dealt with by sitting farther back or slightly defocusing the image. When I first got my Z1 I had no problem with this, but I do now and it is somewhat annoying. I can't seem to get rid of it. It doesn't make me regret buying my FP though. I think FP is the way to go and would never recommend anyone buy an RPTV.
    DLP projectors, like the X1 (available for just under $1000) are said to avoid the whole FPN problem. But they may have another problem where some viewers see what are known as "rainbows." The only way to tell if this is a problem for you is to watch a DLP yourself.

No affordable FP is going to be perfect. But with an 82-inch wide image for the price I paid, I'm happy. I don't even think they make RPTVs that wide and if they did I certainly couldn't afford to buy one.

6. kirtis_mcleskey

yeah i know i had this thread, thanks for closing my other one

the reason i opened another one , is caue i got no help on this one

7. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

m-m-m-m-must resist [​IMG]

8. kirtis_mcleskey

u did a good job of it , jsut be thankful i dotn have sarumans staff to [​IMG] you

9. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph