What's new

K-Tech Cables? (1 Viewer)

AllenD

Second Unit
No one use K-Tech? Using your expertise, can you judge the specs postedHERE if the cable will suffice for HD switching?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Allen,

There are several of us out here building and selling Canare-based cables. The V3-5CFB is definitely capable of handling HD signals.

Brian

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
They should be fine for your intended purpose. In fact, with typically encountered lengths that most people use, a variety of inexpensive cables will do the trick (e.g. GE component cables available from Lowes).

The website though does borrow images liberally from Canare's own site doesn't it, without proper acknowledgement from the source. Personally, I find that sort of thievery a bit disturbing but then that's getting off the topic.

AllenD

Second Unit
Brian,

Can you tell me who else is selling the same cables? I wanted to start my own DIY cable project but the cost is more than what I can get the cables for.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Hey Guys,
I don't think you will find lower prices on Canare V3-5CFB with Canare connectors than my website. I will match any other price you find if you do find a lower price.
I have an excellent feedback rating on E-bay.
Link Removed
Chu,
It is none of your business what deal I have worked out with Canare. They said if I linked back to their site it was fine. Which I am doing.
Kevin C. :)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
So I take "K" is for Kevin?
Yet another example of the internet allowing people to put their name on their product/company.
Wonder if Mr. Monster would reply to anybody's email?? :)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Hey, Bob, I'm also planning to start marketing RobertCharlotte's Audio equipment. I'm expecting a lot of demand for cables and connectors.
:laugh:

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Robert: Why not?
This country is full of garage-shop companies that grew into mega-corporations (Hewlet Packard, Apple, etc.) or mini companies (SVS, HSU, etc.).
For a $500 investment you can buy the Canare connectors and coax and start selling cables for $50-$150. Your "market" is people who are buying HDTV's and considering the $230 Monster cables.
Here is a scenerio: You read Chris White's web site on how to make your own RCA based cables. Since it's so cheap, you order 50' of coax and extra plugs. You build your first cable or two and you are happy.
But you now have all that left over coax sitting in your garage. What do you do?
Well, you go to your friends and say: "Anyone need a really good video cable?" (The guy that cuts my hair has a really nice Canare component video cable for his system :) ) I've built a long 25' cable for one HTF member, and loaned the tools & cable to another so he could build one.
Others start up small web-based stores or use ebay to sell off the excess.
I suspect several sites in the price-comparison table started out this way.
Robert - ever think about starting your own business or have a retirement business? :) It would not be a bad thing.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I started out just wanting to sell a few cables and build a few custom subs and speakers for people. I've sold very few cables (mainly because I haven't set up an online store I imagine), but now I'm teaming up with GR Research to build enclosures for their speaker kits. Maybe some day I can quit my regular job and build speakers/subs and do small HT installs full time!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks