What's new

K-19: The Widowmaker -- package shot (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I like it. :) The "A Masterpiece." quotation is very conspicious, not least because it wasn't the general concensus on the film. :D

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
At least they got rid of the terrible "Fate has a new hero" tagline, which has nothing to do with the movie.

Mark

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Assuming this gets top notch video and audio treatment from Paramount, is this a worthy blind purchase? I know this didn't do very well at the box office. Thanks.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Critical response was decent... my brother liked it, I know, but he's the only person I know who even saw it. I think the trailer had a "winter" feel and seemed too similar to U-571 and Hunt for Red October, so even if it was good, it did poor box-office.

I know I didn't want to see it after I saw Sum of All Fears, which was enough military thrilling for me for one summer.

Though I did like SOAF and will be buying it... maybe this one too, if I have the money.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
K-19 was very good. I know the actual 5-19 crew wasn't happy with it, but as far as I can tell it's fairly accurate to the actual events. Ford can't do a Russian accent for beans, but at least he holds it for 2 hours unlike a certian Robin Hood

CraigL

Screenwriter
Movie was REALLY good...an pleasant surprise. It got lost in a sea of bigger budgeted and hyped movies which is really a shame. It was more serious and more a "fall/winter" film than summer. Definitely check it out.

We still have no specs eh?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Craig, you hit it right on the nose.

I did some work on the film and the creative team was extremely unhappy with the summer placement and generic "action film" marketing of the film, which completely misrepresented its content.

Yes, it's got some problems, but it's definitely a good film.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Good Lord! From the title of the thread I thought you were saying that Harrison Ford did full frontal in the film and you were posting pic's! Thank god I was wrong!! ;)

CraigL

Screenwriter
One of the more costly disappointments of the summer season, on 12/10 Paramount Home Entertainment will bow Kathryn Bigelow's K-19: The Widowmaker, the story of USSR's first nuclear ballistic submarine that failed to generate much audience excitement. This Harrison Ford starrer is presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with English and French 5.1 Dolby surround tracks, and extras including an audio commentary with Bigelow and cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth, 3 making-of featurettes, and the trailer. Retail is $29.95

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks