K:19 DVD Specs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Graham, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Recently viewed K:19's cover art at http://dvd.ign.com and have begun to wonder about the specs.
    Considering this was a major bomb of the summer, I'm certainly not expecting a full fledged special edition, but I'd like to see a Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track to fully capture the entire sound field of the submerged submarine throughout the movie. Also hoping for a nice anamorphic presentation with a commentary from director Kathryn Bigelow (here's hoping Ford and Neeson also add their thoughts on the track), trailers, deleted scenes and at least a decent making of featurette that tells the real story of the sailors of K:19, along with input from all the creative forces behind the film.
    As for the piece itself, I thought it was one of the best movies of the year so far thats sadly gone overlooked (Ford and Neeson put out some superb work as the beleaguered crew). Hopefully it'll build a strong fan base on DVD, much like Bigelow's previous Near Dark on home video and cable. [​IMG]

2. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

From DVDFile:

One of the more costly disappointments of the summer season, on 12/10 Paramount Home Entertainment will bow Kathryn Bigelow's K-19: The Widowmaker, the story of USSR's first nuclear ballistic submarine that failed to generate much audience excitement. This Harrison Ford starrer is presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with English and French 5.1 Dolby surround tracks, and extras including an audio commentary with Bigelow and cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth, 3 making-of featurettes, and the trailer. Retail is $29.95