JVC xxFH vs xxFN 1080p Sets?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BarryNS, Oct 3, 2006.

1. BarryNS

BarryNS Stunt Coordinator

What are the differences between JVC's FH and FN series 1080p sets? I'm specifically looking at the 56 inch and 61 inch models.

Also, it sorta looks like in Canada all JVC is offering is the FH series in "96" and "97" models? Is this just the Canadian version of the US "FH" vs "FN" designations?

2. TicoTVA

TicoTVA Stunt Coordinator

The main difference is that the FH series :
    " FC97 serise 56" 61" Black Cabinet Black bezel straight speaker grille w/10cm round speakers (see HD-70FH97 picture for detail*) No PC input, no RS232C input, no center channel input .Has A.T.C. tone correction instead of Voice Enhancement feature

FH97 56" 61" 70" Black Cabinet Black bezel, quarter round illuminated JVC logo on speaker grille w/12.5cm oval speakers 56" and 61" only(see HD-56FH97 picture for detail*) Black Cabinet Black bezel straight speaker grille w/10cm round speakers 70" only (see HD-70FH97 picture for detail*) PC input, RS232C input, center channel input, Has Voice Enhancement feature
    instead of A.T.C. tone correction, Gold plated connectors.

FN97 56" 61" 70" Black Cabinet Silver bezel, quarter round illuminated JVC logo on speaker grille w/12.5cm oval speakers (see HD-56FN97 picture for detail*) PC input, no RS232C input, Center channel input, Has Voice Enhancement feature
    instead of A.T.C. tone correction.

In short (relationship to the mainstream FN97 series):

The FC deletes the PC input and center channel input, different speakers and sound managemet feature, All black cabinet.

The more expensive FH97 series adds a RS232C input, has gold plated connectors, and an all black cabinet. The 70" only shares some cabinet detail and speakers with the FC97 series"

This is a good summed up version of that was posted

------------

3. BarryNS

Thanks - so no "serious" differences in terms of picture display/input capabilities (other than RS232C) or quality?

4. BarryNS

A trip into a local JVC retailer solved one mystery - the "96" models are actually LAST YEAR's models in Canada, while the "97" series is the "new" JVC model line.

They did have pricing for the 56 and the 70 incher, however, they did not have any pricing available from JVC Canada on the 61inch model which is the one I am sorta leaning towards over the 56.

I also noticed that FutureShop is advertising an "exclusive" JVC model line on their website.

5. cctyu

cctyu Agent

I too was looking at the JVC HD61FH97 and almost made the decision to buy the 55". Thank God I didn't!! The reason, I had a chance to see the JVC side by side with the new Sony SXRD-XBR2 60" at a store in Toronto. The verdict! No comparison! The Sony's picture quality was simply out of this world. In all catagories ie., black level, contrast, colour... the Sony beats JVC handsdown. I was then told the smaller and thinner 55" version of the XBR2 will be coming out in December. Fantastic! Guess I'll wait!