JVC XV-SA723GD player problems with MR and BTTF

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rin, Dec 31, 2002.

1. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

Minority report gets blocky and freezes mid chapter 12. BTTF main menu page won't go to languages. When I click on languages it goes to bonus features, and selecting scene selections starts the movie. BTTF 2&3 always start in Q&A mode and since you can't change audio tracks on-the-fly this is annoying.
    This player has never met a disc it didn't like until these two. My friend has the same exact JVC player as I have(XV-723) but his was purchased recently whereas mine is over two years old. He didn't have a problem with MR (my disc) on his player, haven't tried BTTF yet.

Does anyone else have this player?

How can you find out which firmware version your player has? How can you upgrade the firmware to a newer version(if it turns out I have an older version)?

BTW, All of the discs I owned previous to this problem which I have re-watched since still exhibit no problems so I don't think the player is taking a crap.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as always.

2. Stephen_Opipari

Stephen_Opipari Stunt Coordinator

Stephen
    I have the same player and have been using it for over a year. I watched Minority Report on it about a week ago and it didn't hiccup at all with that disc. I have not watched BTTF and probably won't until a fixed version is in stores, so I can't comment on that one.

Now, I have stumbled across a few discs that this player doesn't like much (ie. wrong menu from boot or go into a special feature menu and it stops the player (HHGTTG is a specific example.)). But it usually doesn't keep me from enjoying the acutal movie.

3. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Stephen.
    I still think this is a firmware problem, so I'll post in the advanced section and see what happens.
    Thanks.