JVC XV-SA600BK/XV-SA602SL @ Crutchfield for $99 shipped (Low Stock)

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Ben LG, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

Just bought this player at J&R for $130 + tax. Oh well, guess Ill just swallow the loss since I am a long time customer and their service have been pretty good for me over the past couple years. Apparently Crutchfield just got these back in stock because they were out of the 600bk's just 3 days ago when I was bargain hunting. Crutchfield's price is $99 but just in case they run out of stock before you guys get a chance, J&R also has the silver version for $99.88 (Called in yesterday and rep said they had 18 left in stock).

Couple of good points about this player:

1. Great audio performance.
    2. Build quality is just as good if not better than the more expensive Pioneer DV-45A, has a very solid feel.
    3. Nice and bright LCD display that can be read up to 10 ft. away.
    4. 10 second replay by pressing only the play button on remote (Great for those "What did he just say?!" moments).

~Sorry for the typo - no free shipping from Crutchfield unless you buy $199 or more.

[​IMG]

2. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I got one too, region modified to watch European DVD's and the FILM mode performance is stellar, and the PAL-NTSC conversion is great, but the VIDEO mode is atrocious...
    Stuttery, jerky and almost unwatchable in prog. mode. I always turn off the prog. mode for video based DVD's and let the line doubler in my Mits. deal...

But for the most part it is a good player.

[​IMG] D

3. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

The deal just got better [​IMG]. I bought the JVC at J&R for $130. Three days after my purchase I got their catalog in the mail and saw that now they offer it for $89.99! But I didnt call in immediately to try to get the $40 price adjustment and during that time, I lost the catalog which has a "Preferred customer" ID on the back of the catalog to be able to get the JVC player at that price. Well, I called in and told the rep that Ive been shopping at J&R for over 10 years and I am a preferred customer who receives their catalogs every month but I lost the most recent one that had the JVC deal. The rep put me on hold for 3 minutes and when she came back on, she was more than willing to give me the price adjustment. It should still work when you buy a new unit if you say you misplaced the catalog somewhere. I see that Crutchfield has run out of stock so J&R is the only place that has it for under $100 shipped, both the black and silver ver.

Dave Mack, is their a hack available or you bought yours region modified? and for how much? Thanks.

4. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hey Ben, My 600 has a chip-modification and was about $239, but that was like 8 months ago, might be cheaper now. Do you a TV that accepts 480P natively...? If I were going to buy a unit without having the PAL-NTSC conversion, I wouldn't buy the 600... My older non-modified JVC 70 has a MUCH better VIDEO mode. The 600's is you will see, awful. On any material shot on film and edited on Video, it looks jerky, stuttery.... and thicgs hot on Video like concert DVD's look odd. I take it out of 480P mode for these and let my Mits. TV handle it. I have seen a 602 modified for 199.99 and the 70 which I think I'm gonna order and sell my 600, for 229....

[​IMG] D