What's new

jvc xv-fa90bk progressive scan dvd??? (1 Viewer)

JasonZ

Agent
hi guys,
i have a customer that has inquired about this new multi-disc dvd player for a system that i am installing for him. he purchased the new 61" marantz plasma and i would hate to see him "cheap out" on a player. i can't imagine the performance on this unit is worthy of a $30,000 display but i have not seen the unit yet. does anyone have any experience with it yet? i am interested to hear your opinions. thanks!
-jason
hi fi house
jenkintown, pa

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Jason,
I have the xv-fa95gd which is the same exact unit only in gold finish. While I don't have it hooked up to a $30,000 plasma display, I do have it hooked up to a Panasonic wxf95 56" HD ready display and it puts out a fine picture in progressive scan mode(I just use the smart setting in progressive mode but there are other choices as well). It does a good job of scaling non-anamorphic discs and it has dvd-audio to boot. It is a fine unit overall but if your friend has a large budget he should go for a higher end unit that would probably give even better performance. It wouldn't hurt to give the unit a try though. He could always take it back and get something else if it doesn't perform up to expectations. Does he want a multidisc changer? If not the Panasonic RP91 might be another player to try out. It is single disc but it is loaded with features. I had it for a while and the audio performance is superb. I never got the picture the way I wanted it but alot of others on this forum have it and love it. There is alot of information on the RP91 here if you do a search for past posts there are alot of tips to get the most out of your rp91. I'm sure others will post some more options for you. Best of luck!!
Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks