What's new

JVC widescreen (1 Viewer)

JoeyBamburg

Auditioning
First wanna say im new so hello to everyone. I just bought a 30 inch widescreen jvc I'ART tv and when i play some widescreen movies i still see black bars at the top and bottom. Am i doing something wrong? I use my xbox as my dvd player currently and it is set to 16:9 and tv is set to full aspect. It isnt a problem on all movies just some such as Lord Of The Rings and especially the movie cellular. Thanks for any help you may have.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Hello, and welcome to the forum Joey. There is a whole section of this site devoted to beginner questions known as the "Primer." Here is the link.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=120328

I will try to answer your question quickly. Often it is better to do a search of the forums to get answers to questions like yours since this topic is extensively covered on this site.

The movies that still display black bars top and bottom of your screen are produced in 2.35:1 aspect ratio or higher. Only movies that are produced in 16x9 (1.78:1) aspect ratio will fill the entire screen on a 16x9 TV. Those shot in 4:3 mode (standard TV)will have black or gray bars on each side. This is normal. Don't worry about it. When you say your TV is set to full aspect do you mean it is set to 16x9? If it is, then you have everything set correctly.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks