What's new

JVC v. Toshiba DVD - help me decide (1 Viewer)

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty sure I am either going to buy the JVC XV-SA75GD or the Toshiba SD-4700. Both are progressive players and both have DVD-A capability. Has anybody compared this Toshiba with the JVC yet? I know the Toshiba model is new, and there doesn't seem to be much of a buzz on it. If anybody has one, please post your comments.
Thanks,
JR.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
If this helps, I'm buying my JVC XV-S40BK for my birthday, well getting it. And, on http://www.audioreview.com
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
.5 and the only thing close to the JVC is my model except in gold (which really doesn't matter) and it is less of a model, and I don't see what people can say bad about it if mine is a lower model of yours and it got
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
Not IMO, but in my opinion, I'd go with the JVC. I'm very satisfied with my JVC A/V reciever (RX7010VBK).
-Bert

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
you really have to take anything posted on audioreview.com with a (large) grain of salt.
i'd personally choose the Toshiba, since i have had problems with JVC in the past. i also think the Tosh will be built better than the JVC i saw at Best Buy. both are getting good reviews, so i guess the decision is up to you at this point. good luck!
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I'm leaning toward the Toshiba. It's about $25 cheaper than the JVC and with my 10% discount coupon, I should be paying about $225.00 plus tax. Thomas, I agree with you about the reviews on audioreview.com. There are some thoughtful reviews, but a lot of uncritical reviews that aren't too helpful. That's why I'm asking here.
Come on, any one out there with the SD-4700?
JR

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks