JVC v. Toshiba DVD - help me decide

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnFR, Nov 10, 2001.

1. JohnFR

JohnFR Stunt Coordinator

I am pretty sure I am either going to buy the JVC XV-SA75GD or the Toshiba SD-4700. Both are progressive players and both have DVD-A capability. Has anybody compared this Toshiba with the JVC yet? I know the Toshiba model is new, and there doesn't seem to be much of a buzz on it. If anybody has one, please post your comments.
    Thanks,
    JR.

2. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

If this helps, I'm buying my JVC XV-S40BK for my birthday, well getting it. And, on http://www.audioreview.com [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].5 and the only thing close to the JVC is my model except in gold (which really doesn't matter) and it is less of a model, and I don't see what people can say bad about it if mine is a lower model of yours and it got [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].71
    Not IMO, but in my opinion, I'd go with the JVC. I'm very satisfied with my JVC A/V reciever (RX7010VBK).
    -Bert

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    you really have to take anything posted on audioreview.com with a (large) grain of salt.
    i'd personally choose the Toshiba, since i have had problems with JVC in the past. i also think the Tosh will be built better than the JVC i saw at Best Buy. both are getting good reviews, so i guess the decision is up to you at this point. good luck!
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    My HT

4. JohnFR

JohnFR Stunt Coordinator

I'm leaning toward the Toshiba. It's about $25 cheaper than the JVC and with my 10% discount coupon, I should be paying about $225.00 plus tax. Thomas, I agree with you about the reviews on audioreview.com. There are some thoughtful reviews, but a lot of uncritical reviews that aren't too helpful. That's why I'm asking here.
    Come on, any one out there with the SD-4700?
    JR