JVC UX-G60 OPTICAL QUESTION

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by bobjackson85, Oct 1, 2006.

1. bobjackson85

bobjackson85 Auditioning

hi

i recently bought a hi-fi with a digital optical connection with the intent of connecting my xbox 360 to so i can have surround sound instead of connecting using the red and white cables.

when i connected the optical cable there was no sound at all. the signal was getting through the cable ok as the red light was coming through.

will this have anything to do with the optical on my hi-fi being audio out? if so, whats the point in having an optical out on a hi-fi??? or will optical definitely work but i must have a faulty cable?

im quite disappointed as most of the reason why i chose it was because of the optical function.

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    The XBOX would have to be connected to an optical in. Based on what little I ready about the G60, it is only a 2 channel unit (comes with two speakers not 5), so you won't get surround sound when you have your XBOX connected to it. As to why the G60 has an optical out, it is possible that someone would want to use the G60 as a playback device and send teh output to somewhere else to record, or you may want to send the DVD sound to a surround sound system. Either way you can't hook up your XBOX to the output. On a side note the XBOX360 sounds great in surround!

3. bobjackson85

bobjackson85 Auditioning

oooh thats really rubbing it in![​IMG]