What's new

JVC Speakers (1 Viewer)

Phoneman66

Auditioning
Real Name
Terry Holt
I have JVC Speakers ( model SP-THG51F ) I would like to use in my basement. I have no receiver. Are these compatible with certain receivers so I can have surround sound on my TV? These are the specs on the speakers Power handling capacity: 310w
Impedance 4 ohm, magnetically shielded type. I am a novice at this so any help would be appreciated. I’m just trying to get use out of these speakers. Thank you. I have a Sony Vizios TV.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Receivers that can handle 4-ohm are typically the top-tier models. I’d you don’t mind buying used, you might look for an older flagship models. AVRs devalue pretty quickly due to ever changing technology, which makes one several years old a good deal on the used market, provided the features and capabilities they do have meet your needs.

Still, you will probably be out at least a few hundred dollars even for one of those. You’ll have to decide if you like the speakers well enough to

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hebecz
Recent bookmarks