What's new

JVC sends Mummy Returns in P&S (1 Viewer)

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
I just recently got a JVC 75 Progressive Scan / DVD-A DVD player. There was a promo to get Mummy Returns DVD. Just got it in the mail and they sent the Pan and Scam version.
I guess they think Progressive scan DVD players are purchased by Joe 6 Pack, with a 13 inch TV, who can't stand the black bars.
I won't blaspheme my system by putting this crap on it.
I haven't decided wether I'll call customer service and try to get the real film or just sell this one unopened. I hated the 1st Mummy (well, I actually like the Karloff, I'm talking about the one this is a sequel to). It was WAY too stupid. Is this film better?
Peter

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Ring 'em up :)
I like them both. The Mummy (I won't call it the original :)) was better 'factually', but the sequal is more entertaining (the bus trip thro london was great :D My spotters (!) eye did notice that whilst they'd remoeved the modern traffic lights from Tower Bridge, the VERY modern visitors centre was on full view :) :) :) Made it even funnier IMO tho...

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
"I hated the 1st Mummy ... It was WAY too stupid. Is this film better?"
If you thought the first one was stupid and hated it, you probably won't like the sequel either.

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
In 2 weeks Mummy Returns will be released here in Denmark in a nifty 2-disc version with 6.1 DTS ES sound. It's nice to get the best edition for once :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That's insulting! Sounds like one so-called offer I saw once that would give you a few free VHS TAPES if you bought a new big-screen TV!

bill lopez

Second Unit
Dude, here's what you do. 1st don't open the dvd and take it to Wal-Mart's customer service and tell them you want to exchange it or get another movie.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
No Wal-marts that I know of in north NJ. Maybe we don't buy enough P&S movies.
Peter

Luis A

Second Unit
KimK, TMR in DTS-ES Discrete? I'm jealous.
Peter, If I were you I would call JVC CS and demand they send you the widescreen version. Unless the fine print states the free dvd is only available in P&S there is no reason for them not to do this. L

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,
I purchased the XV-SA70 and never sent for the free DVD. I figured they would send P&S since that was all that was out there for rent.
Thx......Shawn
patriot.gif

Ka Yuen

Agent
Peter,
There is a Walmart on Rt 10 at Ledgewood circle. If you are using I80, it should be between exits 30 and 28.
Ka

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks