Jvc Saxv75gd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by alan halvorson, Jun 1, 2002.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I have been mulling over buying a multi-region, PAL/NTSC dvd player and have decided to go for it. Someone recommended the JVC SAXV75GD, saying it has the best PAL/NTSC converter. I know nothing about it, or any other multi-region player either.

Anyone with any experience with this player?

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Alan,

I have the 70BK and love it. The value for the dollar is top-notch.

3. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

Wait a second- the JVC players you are talking about are modified, right? Or when I bought my SAXV75GD, did I unknowingly also purchase a player with PAL to NTSC capabilities?

Andrew B.

4. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Andrew: I have not a clue as to whether or not this player is modified - I've never encountered one, but then I only got interested today. The person who recommended the player (a member of the forum) said nothing about modifications, only that it had multi-region playback capibility and that it had an excellent PAL/NTSC converter.

Where did you buy yours? I'm having a difficult time locating photos and specs.

5. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

6. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I have the 7 disc changer/no dvd-a version of this player. The owner's manual says it will play PAL dvds, but it is not multi-region. It also states that it can only play PAL discs via interlaced output, not progressive.

I have never tried to play a PAL disc on mine, so can't comment on the quality of the conversion.

7. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I've got this unit modded for multi-region. Pretty darn good player, but don't really like the ergonomics. I'll keep it for a while - would like to get another main player in a year or so that i like to use more. performance wise, it's pretty darn awesome though. If that's what you're after and want multiregion, it's about the best way to go.

8. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

Andrew_Ballew,
    According to the manual, the SA75 has PAL to NTCS built in. I don't have any Region 1 or Region 0 discs to verify it with yet, but ... it sounds good. [​IMG]
    I picked mine up at Best Buy as an open box for $140.