JVC SA-600BK any good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerry_S, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Jerry_S

Jerry_S Auditioning

I have seen all the hype and threads about the Panasonic RP82. That seems to be one of the top models everyone likes. I noticed that JVC makes a model that seems similar to the RP82 in features and price. Does anyone know anything about this player and if it is as good as the RP82 and the Toshiba 4800?

2. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Yes, i'd like to see some answer on this unit too! Have recently discovered it's existence and wondering what other's opionions of this unit is. It has all the feature's i'm looking for (coaxial output, progressive, DVD-A, jpeg viewer) so i'm wondering what those that own this unit think of the picture quality, jpeg viewer, audio quality and ease and use of features and how would you compare this unit to other units? Any opinions are apprecitated!

David

3. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding Second Unit

Jay
    Hi Jerry & David..I've got the JVC 500BK which I believe is just like the 600 except for DVD audio playback. I have tried Sony, Pioneer, & Panasonic players over the years. To my eyes and on my system [Sony 36"XBR Wega] the JVC looks the best. The picture is the sharpest & the colors have the best saturation and balance. It has played every disc flawlessly, and runs quietly. One feature I really like on the JVC that I have not seen on similarly priced players is the gamma control. In effect, this allows you to adjust the level of the darkest part of the picture without "overbrightening" the entire picture. It has made many DVD's that looked overly dark with washed out detail look tremendous. Yes,this is after calibrating with Avia/Video essentials. I'd recommend the JVC players without hesitation.

4. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Thanks Jay for the response. Does anyone else have any comments on this player?