What's new

JVC RX8030. Video out...no picture. (1 Viewer)

Devin*M

Auditioning
The manual for this receiver is a little confusing. I am trying to run all of my components out of the receiver (Satellite, dvd player, etc...). The problem is is that when i use the monitor out jack and hook it into my TV I do not get a signal. I am using a standard composite video wire to hook the receiver to the tv.
My main reason for doing this is, I want to eventually hook my reciver in to my projector (once my HT is finished). I have 4 components I want to hook into my receiver so that I get a video signal to the projector. Will this be possible with this receiver, if not what options do I have. I have seen video switchers but I bought this receiver with the understanding that it has this feature.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
This may be a dumb question, but make sure on your tv that you are selecting the correct video input for your component cables. From what I can tell this receive "should" output everything from the component cable "monitor out". The only other thing I can think of is there may be a button or setting on the receiver that is incorrect. Try making sure that the "digital" input mode is selected instead of analog.
I hope some of this may help, I'll see if I can find out more later.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Yeah, your tv should be set to Video 1(or Video 2, depending on input you used), instead of a channel. Usually change the tv's input with the TV'S remote. You may already have done this. Have you tried s-video cable, to see if it does the same? I have the 8020, and have no problems. I'm using s-video for my connection.
Good luck! Keep us posted? :)

You said you're using a single composite cable for the connection, from receiver to tv. You will need to use the same kind of cable for hooking up components to receiver. Receivers will usually upconvert (from s-video, or composite, to component), but not downconvert (from component cable or s-video cable to composite).

Devin*M

Auditioning
I have a JVC televison so I would think that there would not be a problem with the them interacting wityh one another. I tried the monitor out cable in in several locations.

I just thought of something. Is it possible that the TV won't show a picture because there is not an audio wire connected to the same set of jacks. I am not sure it was this tv but I remember hooking my xbox into a television and the picture would not show unless the yellow and 1 of either audio cables is connected. This is the only thing that I never tried.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The TV brand is irrelevant. JVCs don't work better with JVCs than they do with Sonys. What is relevant is the type of connection you're using. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but on my old Denon receiver I had to use the same signal type for all of my components in order to get a picture on my TV. In my case, 100 years ago at the dawn of the DVD age, that meant S-video. I had to buy an s-video adapter cable for my composite-only VCR, and I could not connect my DVD player via the composite cables to the Denon and have an image come out on the TV. (Which was no big loss since the TV didn't have component inputs, but the point is mixing signal types doesn't always work.) If you let us know what components you have and how each is connected, it might help identify the problem.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Just downloaded a manual for this receiver - or I think I did. :)

1) We need the full model number, including all the letters at the end.

2) In looking at the back panel of the model whose book I downloaded it seems there is are 3 types of inputs and outputs on this receiver. There are 4 paired audio and video inputs that accept either s-video or composite video as well as corresponding audio inputs. There is also a paired monitor out that can use either s-video or composite video. Finally there are two component video inputs and one component video output.

I would try the component out. If you're using either component or s-video into the receiver from your other equipment, and trying to use composite out, I'm not surprised you're not getting a picture. See Ed's post above.

Regards,

Joe

Devin*M

Auditioning
1) We need the full model number, including all the letters at the end.

RX-8030VBK

"If you let us know what components you have and how each is connected, it might help identify the problem. "

VCR - Composite
DVD - Composite
X-box - Composite
Satallite - Composite

Only my dvd and x-box have s-video or component options.

So, Joseph if I am understanding you, all of the signals coming in need to be the same signal going out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks