What's new

JVC RX-DP10VBK-Anybody have one? (1 Viewer)

Ted Ross

Second Unit
Im am looking into this receiver & it is hard to find any info in this forum or on the web. Just curious if any owners could give me their 2 cents on this unit

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I have a 9010 and am very happy with it. The only thing it doesn't have that I could ask for is DPLII...

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Either The Absolute Sound or Perfect Vision, can't remember which reviewed it a while back...also Sound & Vision, I think.

It appears to be an excellent receiver and is well thought of. Most reviewers are naturally bemused at the thought of a JVC in this price range and class but are pleasantly surprised upon hearing/using it. You will likely find ownership of it pretty rare on this forum though.

As a former mid-level JVC owner who is now using mid-high H/K I can say that I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I was in the market...same goes for the DP9VBK if I needed less channels. The really killer feature on these things is the thorough and effective parametric EQ.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
Thanks for the info-do any of you know if it does DTS-ES(either discrete or matrixed)?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
From S&V's REVIEW:
HIGH POINTS
Excellent Multichannel Performance
Wide Dynamic range
Bass Management for stereo signals
Good Value
LOW POINTS
6.1 Channel decoding not available without THX Processing
Sequential Ambience-mode selection
No bass management for Mltichannel analog input
From David Ranada the reviewer "I have no significant reservations in recommending the JVC RX-DP10V. It's a topflight performer with convenience features and operational flexibility few other receivers can match, and certainly not at this price.
From The Key Features:
Dolby Digital, DTS, & digital domain Dolby Pro Logic decoding with full THX post-processing.
THX Surround EX decoding & amplification for Dolby Digital EX & DTS-ES Matrix 6.1-channel soundtracks.
If you want I would check with Earl Simpson on this board because he did a lot of investigating on this receiver & if I remember right, he had found it for around $999
You might also want to check the full S&V report it maybe up on their website www.soundandvisionmag.com & check www.ecostics.com because they have a review of the JVC RX-DP7V which is the step down model from the 10V.
Hope this helps you out & if you might want something from the JVC Receiver Catalog I have it. Also you might want to download the owners manual, it's up on JVC's website. I think the manuals are under "customer support"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks