jvc RX-DP10VBK advice please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

anybody know anything about this reciever. IF you get sound and vision its on the back cover. Its price tag through crutchfield is only 1500 so I know it could come cheaper than that.

Thanks

Matt

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Sound & vision did test this JVC model & liked it. The only thing though is no Dolby Prologic II or DTS Neo 6. Someone on this forum was thinking of getting it & they had found it for $799 YES the 10 model but the reason they din't get it was because if I'm not mistaken is that Dolby Digital & DTS were not DISCRETE only MATRIXED. Maybe they will see your post & chime in on it. www.ecoustics.com has a test report on the "9" though that you might want to check out. Also try www.audioreview.com

3. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Consumer-direct has it here:
    http://www.consumer-direct.com/list....ceivers&menu=A
    Under $1100 delivered. Excellent company in my experience.
    I used to own JVC and now that they have finally gone upscale on the 9 and 10VBK, I think they represent very good value. One of the best features they offer is the extensive parametric EQ. Also, I always found the tonal adjuster for the CC to be very helpful in blending multi-brand speaker sets.

4. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

5. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

The 10 has great amps, that is the bottom line. If you have to have 100% for sure 6.1 ES discrete, then it may not do it. They keep changing the specs at Crutchfield. But it does enough in my opinion for most people and is ultra certified. After buying 6.1 discrete, there are not enough DVD's out there in ES 6.1 discrete (some are in matrix ES but don't say it on the label) to justify all the trouble. 5.1 was fine and still is. Most houses aren't big enough to get the 6 channel separation the way it was meant to be. Mine isn't and I have a 34x 22 family room with bad speaker placement options ( good speaker placement options would help with a smaller room).
    $918 was the cheapest I saw it in Feb when I was looking.
    yahoo/pricegrabber/JR/6th ave/Onecall/ etc and get a price match.
    I will say that I never had a JVC product not work out of the box, and keep working for years and years until I had to give it away.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PS/ I have neo 6 and all the other stuff (3802/great machine for $770)! All I ever use is all channel stereo/DTS/DD with and occasional 6.1 disk. This is my brain dead list by price!
    5es
    separates
    All of these units have had good to excellent quality reports. And sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes! You usually pay extra for less![​IMG] [​IMG]