What's new

JVC RX-D702B A/V Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Christopher K

Auditioning
Hi.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the JVC RX-D702B (or RX-D402B) A/V Receiver. They seem like just the thing I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya ChrisK
A bit out of topic here, since you want feedback on Jvc, but have you checked out the Panasonic D Avr's an equivalent model would be xr57(also 7.1), it's very highly regarded for its price range. I have a friend who runs the xr55(also7.1) dual amped, biwired stereo only running Epos speakers and it sounds real sweet.

Regards.
David SGT

Christopher K

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking for something with HDMI switching. I don't think the Panasonics have that, alas. (at least not the ones I can see on their website)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Not familiar with those particular models, but I own a JVC receiver. I think JVC is the best bang for the buck, over anything out there. There are better receivers, but costs a LOT more than the JVC. For the number of inputs, power per channel, and ease of use, you can't beat JVC (for the money).
Good luck! :)

FeisalK

Screenwriter
the Panasonic XR57 david mentioned will have HDMI switching but it isnt due out till June. still it's MSRP is half that of the JVC D702 (there's an owners thread here, if you want to check some feedback)

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya ChrisK,

Man, I probably sound like a Panasonic spokesperson here but the xr70 has hdmi but unfortunately only 6.1 and as Feisal has corrected my oversight the xr57 has what you want but not out yet.......

Regards.
David SGT

Christopher K

Auditioning
I remember researching the XR70, but passed it up. I couldn't tell from the tiny rear-panel picture how many HDMI ports it had (looks like two, which would mean 1 in/1 out). Panasonic doesn't let you download their user manuals from their website without "registering your product", so I couldn't do proper research on the XR70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks