What's new
World Wide Stereo

jvc rx 8010v, and hooking up an amp? (1 Viewer)

xquizit

Auditioning
Real Name
jonathan
hey people!, need a little help if you can,,, I have a jvc rx8010v receiver and am curious to see if it is possible to hook up an external amp to boost the wattage of all of the speaker I have(rear, center, front), another words, my old receiver had a tape monitor switch, in which the amp was able to hook up through, and add extra power to cd, dvd, ect., and boost all of the speakers including the surround, and I was able to tweak each one as needed through the reciever, I had the amp output, to the tape monitor which was able to stay on while functioning the other cd, dvd, ect. , on the new receiver I cant figure out how to use the amp as a general power booster but only to power a single component.. any help would be appreciated

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You JVC doesn't appear to have pre-outs, so you can't use an external amp.

Just curious, the JVC already puts out 100 watts per channel. What speakers are you powering? Is your listening area that big?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To get a 3db increase you will need at least 200w per channel. Are you maxing out your current receiver? Can it not handle the stress and it is shutting down? Unless you are pushing things past their limits or you have extremely inefficient speakers, then adding an amp is a waste.

Note: adding an amp is not always a waste if you are going for pure sound quality and know what you are doing.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CashaMurphy231
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale