What's new

Jvc Rx-6030vbk (1 Viewer)

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
JVC has always been noted for a large number of features for the $ spent. I have a RX 9010VBK and have been very happy with it. Some people believe that JVC has focused more on providing features on their line at the expense of good sound, but considering the under $200 pricing, JVC, Kenwood, Sony etc. are all going to be reasonable choices as long as you don't plan on driving large power hungry speakers at high volumes. I do also own a RX-DV3SL combo receiver/DVD and find it great for a bedroom theater.
You might also consider the RX-7030, It has 7 channels of surround and can be found on ebay, new for around $30 more.

Good luck,

Dennis

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I had an older (about 3-4 years old now) JVC receiver. It did have some nice features. It was one of the only cheaper receiver to offer S-video switching at the time. I also loved the compu-link system since most of my other gear was JVC at the time. But the sound quality was sub-par. I have since upgraded to a Denon receiver, and the sound quality improved dramatically. The biggest problem I had with the JVC was that it didn't have bass management on stereo. So stereo sounded horrible, and I listen to CDs in stereo. They may have improved on these over the years, but I still think you could get better quality from an entry level receiver from Denon, Marantz, or H/K.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
100 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.8% THD — or 100 x 5 in surround mode
Notice they state the power specs in stereo at .8% distortion and at 40Hz-20kHz. If they rated it at an acceptable amount of distortion (i.e. .09%)and at 20Hz-20kHz I bet the power rating would be more like 65wpc instead of 100wpc. They're cheating big time.
Also, notice they don't even state the specs for the 100x5 claim!
But then most receivers in this price range do the same thing...even the Kenwoods and Sony's and Pioneers.

In other words...you're really NOT getting 100wpc.
Although they DO have a great looking babe on their home page (jvc.com)...that ought to be worth a few wpc's!
Check out that sweater! Yowsah!

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Actually the website does state the specs for the surround mode.
100 watts x 5 min. RMS, into 8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.8% THD

Notice they further cheat there by using the 'at 1kHz' spec.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Svenge, I would say it depends on what your looking for in a receiver. If I was looking for a low-price receiver the Panasonic 100 is the best receiver out there. It can be had for under $250 & it has the amp built into it to drive the rear center speaker & it puts out a measured 70 watts a channel with all 6 channels driven as tested by S&V Mag. plus they were very impressed with it's low noise levels & etc. I think when your looking at under $200 receivers that they are all around the same & I would look for one that has the featues you want & the remote you like the best. The only exception might be Sherwood which seems to put out some pretty good low priced receivers. I would stay away from KLH, Aiwa & other odd ball brands. But again, for the money I don't think the Panasonic 100 can be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks