What's new

JVC RX-6000c receiver (1 Viewer)

mishicato

Auditioning
I'm intereting to buy a receiver...

I found this one...

someone have this???

what's you opinion!!!

xxx.epinions.com/elec-Audio-Components-Receivers-All-JVC_RX-6000VBK/display_~full_specs

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'm not familiar with that particular model, but am familiar with JVC. I have the JVC RX 8020VBK and love it. I've been trying to tell people that JVC gives a lot of bang for the buck. They offer a lot of features, inputs and ease of use, for the money.
I think you will be very happy with a JVC receiver. See if it has the switch on the back, for 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers. If it does, you can use ANY speaker you desire, without worrying if the receiver will run hot, trying to drive them.
Good luck with whatever you decide on.......

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Just thought I'd let you know that, that model is from the year 2000 & was JVC's lowest priced receiver at the time. JVC's lowest priced new model is now the RX-6030VBK. I agree with Ed for the money & features JVC can't be beat. Also the new JVC Receiver's under $600 no longer have the 4ohm/8 ohm switch or On-Screen Menu Systems. The first thing I would ask is how much are you willing to spend on a receiver? because the JVC RX-8030VBK which is loaded with features can be had new for under $300 & "Refurbished" for around $230.00 Also check www.cnet.com for a review on the new JVC RX-8030VBK. Again, how much are you looking to spend & what kind of features & etc are you looking for ?(Turntable Input, Computer Input, 6.1 Surround & etc).

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Bill Will.........
You say the 8030 does not have the switch on the back for 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Ed, No JVC did away with the switch maybe because they now have the 6-Channel Amp. built in? The big thing I was disappointed in was that they also did away with the On-Screen Menu System which means you can't make adjustments to the DPL II Settings & etc from your seated position they can only be done on the receiver itself. The only JVC models that still have the 4/8 ohm switch & the On-Screen Menu System are the more expensive JVC models the RX-DP9VBK, RX-DP10VBK & RX-DP20VBK. In the new JVC catalog they also don't mention anything about the 8030 or 7030 being High Current receivers like the older catalogs used to mention. I still think for the money & features or should I say inputs JVC gives you a lot of bang for the buck. Got my daughter the RX-9010VBK awhile back & she just loves it & has never had any problems with it & shes uses it everday for hours at a time & it's heading on 2 years old. I wish someone would do a test report measuring what the watts really are on the new 8030 though.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I think it's pretty stupid, that more companies don't make their receivers to handle 4 ohm speakers. Most of the higher end speakers I've seen, were all 4 ohm.........

It's also crazy to not have the on screen display with ALL setups. I think that would be a good selling feature. Especially to lazy people...........like me! :) Also, my bad vision makes it hard to see some of the stuff on the receiver. Whenever I try to do something at the receiver, I have to breakout the flashlight, so I can read the print on the face. Oh well. These big companies don't listen to us.........

Bill Will

Screenwriter
And my thought was.... how much money does it really cost to put in an ON-Scren Menu Chip anyway? The On-Screen Menu System & being able to adjust the Tone on the Center Speaker was always something that seperated JVC from the other Lower-Priced Receivers. Who knows? maybe next year JVC will do away with the Center Tone Control? Also my sight is not the best anymore & I know what your saying & the On-Screen Menu has been great when my daughter has called & said how do I set this? It's been a lot easier to tell her how to do something with it than trying to remember what the buttons on the front of the Receiver do.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I was just poking around over at The Home Theater Spot & someone posted that the NEW JVC Receiver RX-8040VBK will be out in June & will have the 2-Zone feature like the old RX-9010VBK. I'm hoping that they also include the RF Remote of the 9010 & put back the On-Screen Menus & maybe added DPL IIx. Plus all the people that had JVC Receiver's that answered the post had nothing but good to say about them.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Bill..........
Did you see the thread over there that I sorta got into it with a guy putting down JVC equipment? I told him, just because he had a bad experience with one, don't try to turn everybody off to them. I got kinda ill at him........... :)

Edit:
oops.....it wasn't at the spot. It's here. In a link about a receiver with 4 ohm speakers. I hated to say something like that, but he went too far............

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Yes I saw that & my thoughts on any product is just because you got a bad one doesn't mean they all are bad, unless maybe it's a Yugo car or something :D or how about all the Bose bashing that goes around on this forum, but with Bose I do agree with but only because they are way over-priced for what you get which I think is the complete oposite of JVC Receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks