JVC RX-1010VTN receiver, dumb question I'm sure

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by ChidZ, Dec 31, 2003.

1. ChidZ

ChidZ Auditioning

Hey everyone, newbie here, so I may mess this up. Anyway, have this receiver that has a non-amped center channel (by design). I would like to drive my speaker/s on my 60" Mitsu projection with this channel but I don't quite know how or what to use. Can I do this? Do I need an amp or a Pre-amp? I really don't know the difference. An external center channel speaker would be tough because the TV is enclosed in a wall. Can I use an old receiver that I have to drive this channel? Not trying to be cheap but if it could work....

2. John S

John S Producer

Well to use the TV speakers, you can just take it to the stereo in on the TV from the center pre-out of the reciever.

Y-it to input it to both channels, Y-it a bunch more to make sure it goes to each input's coresponding input.

This is work fine, but the internal tuner of the TV will probably not all for this, so use a stereo VCR for you NTSC tuner at that point perhaps.

(I have seriously thought about try'n the same thing on my system)

3. ChidZ

ChidZ Auditioning

Hmmm, what about amping the center channel? currently it is a non-amped source coming from the receiver. Am I required to use the TV's volume control at that point to control the center channels volume?