What's new

JVC receiver won't play sound (1 Viewer)

valjoy

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
My JVC audio video receiver RX-778v will not play sound. I connected it to TV and BluRay, but no sound. Even the radio within the unit will not play sound. I do not have the remote for the unit. Is it possible that needing the remote is the problem? The system screen will display "automute", but when I click FM mode button, it clears that message, but still no sound. Should I buy the remote to find an option not available on the unit itself, or is something else the problem?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have you pressed "speaker A" or "B"? Are you connecting digital sources via toslink? If so, you probably need to assign the input. I found one of Fleabay, but the pictures aren't good enough to "see the buttons" on the faceplate. Typically AVR that old the set-up is the buttons on the front...with no remote control set-up(other than volume levels). But I would get the remote anyway. Or else you may not be able to change individual volume levels. OR just buy the one on Fleabay entirely to have a spare.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HOME-ENTERTAINMENT-CENTER-MODEL-RX-778VBK-/300844847476?pt=Receivers_Tuners&hash=item460bc01174

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks