HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

JVC projectors get first THX 4K HDR Certification
dlanx9-1024x682.png

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Speaking only for myself, THX certification plays no factor into my purchasing choices circa 2019. They made themselves irrelevant a long time ago.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does THX certification actually even mean anything any more, other than as a marketing tool?

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I really believe if you put 10 people in a THX theatre auditorium and ran a 10 minute demo snipe then put the same 10 people in a well tuned/EQ'ed (non THX) auditorium running Dolby SRD or DTS and played the same 10 minute snipe, 9,9 of the 10 people could NOT tell the difference. THX is of course nice but it's also a lot of hype. Just buy good amps, good speakers, EQ the room and sit back and enjoy. This of course is just my opinion.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Save the date, Saturday, March 23, 2019 Value Electronics is partnering with JVC and Panasonic to demonstrate the next generation of moving images advancements in home cinema projection.

We'll be showcasing JVC's NX7 and NX9 paired with Panasonic UB9000 BD player with the latest exclusive updates from each company, that will deliver image quality never seen before, (that is outside of what colorists and graders in Hollywood Studio Mastering Suites see when they work with the original master files).

As we get closer to the event date I'll be able to announce more information on this unique partnership.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks