1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

JVC Progressive Question????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Apr 30, 2002.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Hey everyone I have the JVC XV-S65 DVD Player. It has progressive out but I dont have the manufacturers remote. Am I guessing right that there is an option in the remote that allows you to do this. I know on some there is a switch to toggle between progreesive mode on the back of the player but this one doesnt.... So my question is HOW CAN I GET 480p WITHOUT THE REMOTE??? (I dont want to pay 27.00 for it[​IMG]Anybody??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

I think you are *#&@ out of luck unless you can find another 60/65 owner or a display unit and have a learning remote to grab the button code. I like the convenience of remote toggle between I or P but this situation certainly highlights the drawbacks.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    You need the remote.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

Dave,
    If you have a Pronto, go to Remote Central and download the codes. If you don't, buy one. [​IMG]

5. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Ok I just bought the real remote from JVC.... Now i need all your wonderful help again!!!! How do I get to progressive mode. I see the button the says progressive but that just brings me up to the color/brightness/etc. menu. Please someone help[​IMG] Can someone please help.. THANKS TONS!!!!![​IMG]

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Dave, there is a button above the (- zoom +), just above the (+) that is called VIP (I think, or something close to that). Press and hold for a couple seconds and that should put the player into progressive.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

7. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Press and hold. That's all there is to it.