JVC Progressive Question????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Apr 30, 2002.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Hey everyone I have the JVC XV-S65 DVD Player. It has progressive out but I dont have the manufacturers remote. Am I guessing right that there is an option in the remote that allows you to do this. I know on some there is a switch to toggle between progreesive mode on the back of the player but this one doesnt.... So my question is HOW CAN I GET 480p WITHOUT THE REMOTE??? (I dont want to pay 27.00 for it[​IMG]Anybody??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

I think you are *#&@ out of luck unless you can find another 60/65 owner or a display unit and have a learning remote to grab the button code. I like the convenience of remote toggle between I or P but this situation certainly highlights the drawbacks.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    You need the remote.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

Dave,
    If you have a Pronto, go to Remote Central and download the codes. If you don't, buy one. [​IMG]

5. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Ok I just bought the real remote from JVC.... Now i need all your wonderful help again!!!! How do I get to progressive mode. I see the button the says progressive but that just brings me up to the color/brightness/etc. menu. Please someone help[​IMG] Can someone please help.. THANKS TONS!!!!![​IMG]

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Dave, there is a button above the (- zoom +), just above the (+) that is called VIP (I think, or something close to that). Press and hold for a couple seconds and that should put the player into progressive.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

7. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Press and hold. That's all there is to it.