What's new

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Better to have the option than not and I expect I can use the same less expensive XPAND RF 3D Synchro Emitter and glasses I've used on the previous generation if the polarization stayed the same. JVC never did correct the best glasses recommended on the rs1000, 2000, and 3000. They might be doing the same on the laser projectors. Possibly because they don't have OEM versions but the XPAND emitter and glasses are brighter, less expensive and work much better.
Hey George,

can you provide some detail around the emitter and glasses you have that work well with the legacy NX series (I had read that the polarization of the earlier 1080p models changed with the latest round of native 4K units from JVC and so different eyewear worked better). Unless JVC says differently I would assume since the new NZ line is the same chassis (and same basic optical light path except for HC improvements) it may end up working well with whatever was considered "the best" emitter/eyewear for the NX line (so I'd love to know what that might already be). Naturally if in practice we find out differently that's all good and well... but I'd love to level-up on what we already know based on folks like you with direct experience with 3D on the NX line.

thanks!

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
Hey George,

can you provide some detail around the emitter and glasses you have that work well with the legacy NX series (I had read that the polarization of the earlier 1080p models changed with the latest round of native 4K units from JVC and so different eyewear worked better). Unless JVC says differently I would assume since the new NZ line is the same chassis (and same basic optical light path except for HC improvements) it may end up working well with whatever was considered "the best" emitter/eyewear for the NX line (so I'd love to know what that might already be). Naturally if in practice we find out differently that's all good and well... but I'd love to level-up on what we already know based on folks like you with direct experience with 3D on the NX line.

thanks!

I have been told the polarization will be the same as my previous DLA-RS2000 on the new DLA-RS3100 I ordered.

I bought the NEC XpanD 3D RF Transmitter for Projectors/3D Glasses from BH Photo Video and XPAND X105-RF-X1 Rechargeable 3D RF/Bluetooth Glasses, Black from Amazon.

They worked perfectly with my RS2000. I wear glasses under them and while they fit very well, they are not quite as comfortable as the previous generations JVC OEM versions.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
1631990407558.png

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What’s MSRP on that crimson mount? The Chief mount is a ridiculous $700.
Wow! That makes me feel a whole lot better about purchasing the Epson 6050 over the 5050. It cost an additional $1000.00 but came with the Chief mount and a spare lamp plus an additional year of warranty.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow! That makes me feel a whole lot better about purchasing the Epson 6050 over the 5050. It cost an additional $1000.00 but came with the Chief mount and a spare lamp plus an additional year of warranty.
New JVCs weigh >50 lbs. Current mounts for JVC rated for < 50 lbs. New mounts are being designed. The one I’d seen was stupid expensive. But the one Sam got is <$200.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
New JVCs weigh >50 lbs. Current mounts for JVC rated for < 50 lbs. New mounts are being designed. The one I’d seen was stupid expensive. But the one Sam got is <$200.
That's heavy indeed. Here's a pic of my mount. No doubt it could handle that weight as it's built like a tank and, yes, I need to do some dusting up there. ;)
Chief Mount.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Anyone know of good “box” mounts, retail or DIY, please lemme know. Links to websites or forum DIY threads or anything. I’ve got a high quality mount for my Sony (a Peer, I think) with micro adjusters. And they slowly wander. My heavy footsteps in the living room vibrate the basement/theater ceiling enough to cause the mount to slowly drift.

The mount also blocks air filter hatch. So I have to take the projector down to clean the filter. That’s a two person job, so super annoying.

I‘d like to change to a box mount, attached rigidly to the ceiling so it can’t wander. And the projector could be adjusted on its feet, and hopefully wander less, but easier to adjust if it does. And maybe easy access to any filter for cleaning.

And with these heavy 50+ lb projectors requiring new mounts…a box mount seems practical.

I know people do this, but I’ve not really seen any retail solutions or DIY guides. I’m reasonably tech smart, but I’m not DIY woodworking smart. :) I can do stuff with instructions, but don’t know enough to come up with a good design on my own.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Anyone know of good “box” mounts, retail or DIY, please lemme know. Links to websites or forum DIY threads or anything. I’ve got a high quality mount for my Sony (a Peer, I think) with micro adjusters. And they slowly wander. My heavy footsteps in the living room vibrate the basement/theater ceiling enough to cause the mount to slowly drift.

Not entirely sure what you mean by "box" mount. Also, a pic of your current setup might be useful.

This is the nicest projector mount I've seen at any price but, unfortunately, they only sell through integration channels.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not entirely sure what you mean by "box" mount. Also, a pic of your current setup might be useful.

This is the nicest projector mount I've seen at any price but, unfortunately, they only sell through integration channels.
A ceiling mounted shelf or box or hush box.

Here’s two examples I find with some quick searching. Neither really what I want, but in the right part of the world.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
That maxes at 50 pounds too
True. I would guess it can handle units slightly heavier [the new JVC's seem to be in the 55 pound range] and they're probably working on either a new design or planning to update their specs accordingly. Either way I'd be more concerned about the ceiling studs. No anchor bolts for something that heavy.

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator

The mount also blocks air filter hatch. So I have to take the projector down to clean the filter. That’s a two person job, so super annoying.

I‘d like to change to a box mount, attached rigidly to the ceiling so it can’t wander. And the projector could be adjusted on its feet, and hopefully wander less, but easier to adjust if it does. And maybe easy access to any filter for cleaning.

And with these heavy 50+ lb projectors requiring new mounts…a box mount seems practical.

I know people do this, but I’ve not really seen any retail solutions or DIY guides. I’m reasonably tech smart, but I’m not DIY woodworking smart. :) I can do stuff with instructions, but don’t know enough to come up with a good design on my own.

How deep is your room? I also have a small basement theater but my house is on a slight slope and only the front half is basement. The back half is crawl space.

I built cabinets for my components and projector myself that extend into the crawl space. The projector opening is small but the cabinet interior space itself is very large, plus I have thermostat-controlled fans and vents. This gives me a throw of
17.4" inches on to a 115” x 49” inch screen. I don’t have to worry about weight.

Theater_Brown_Paint_Back_1_1000p.jpg

Theater_DCR_J1_1000p.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.